A Laboratory Clerk resume that is too long is a good resume. Right? Wrong!
Resumes do not need to be very long to impact a hiring manager.
They have to be “to-the-point.”
Here is a resume sample to show you what we mean:
Laboratory Clerk Resume Sample
54 27th Street, Highland, IL 99002
(000) 999-5214 | shrob@email .com
Experienced and meticulous laboratory clerk, with extensive comprehension of handling the clerical and administrative ends of a busy laboratory. Demonstrated expertise in providing effective assistance in ensuring the smooth running of all operations, within a laboratory setting.
Inventory Oversight ~ Phone Response ~ Filing ~ Lab Safety Rules ~ Reports Retrieval ~ Order Preparation ~ Physician Liaison ~ Specimens Handling ~ Logs Updating ~ Reports Routing ~ Equipment Maintenance ~ Lab Supplies Management
• Simultaneously provided clerical and administrative assistance to 2 lab rooms, in the absence of the second lab clerk.
• Devised a safe way of handling lab specimens, receiving commendation for suggesting the same.
• Implemented a reports routing system, which was considered 75% more efficient than the one already in place.
• Singlehandedly managed over 65 specimens in one go, without a hint of any problems or compromising their integrity.
General Health Center, Highland, IL | 2013 – present
• Attend telephone calls, and respond to requests for specimen collections and reports disbursement.
• Provide patients with information regarding their reports, and timelines for pick up.
• Assist laboratory assistants in handling and moving specimens between the lab and other units.
• Provide support for performing skin punctures and storing blood samples in predefined manners.
• Assist in the processing of microbiology, hematology, and coagulation procedures, and handle urinalysis processes.
• Oversee and maintain lab supplies and equipment inventory, handling low stock situations as per protocol.
• Ascertain that all patients’ lab reports are correctly filed, and updated on a regular basis.
• Clean and maintain laboratory areas, ensuring that all specimens are properly stored, and that filing system is secured.
Yellowstone Miller Health, Highland, IL | 2007 – 2013
• Set up and calibrated laboratory equipment, following lab’s protocols.
• Ascertained that all supplies were made available at the beginning of each shift.
• Provided lab assistants with requested lab specimens, and assisted them with their experiments.
• Assisted in cleaning and storing reusable lab utensils and instruments, following predefined procedures.
• Cleaned and maintained lab equipment, and ensured that any waste or used specimens were thrown away properly.
Highland High School, Highland, IL
High School Diploma