A groundskeeper is responsible for the maintenance of outdoor facilities such as parks, recreational areas, football fields, golf courses, and tennis courts.
They ensure that the outward appearance of the premises is pleasant. They do this by trimming trees and hedges, planting trees, maintaining grass, and performing pest control tasks.
Companies that employ groundkeepers usually require a resume to know about candidates’ qualifications, skills, and experiences.
That is not to say that other knowledge is not required but since skilled people like Groundskeeper usually show their expertise physically, this information is important on a resume.
If you are looking for a position as a groundskeeper, the following resume will be of particular interest to you.
Sample Resume for Groundskeeper Position
Saint George, UT
Reliable and hard-working Groundskeeper with 13 years of hands-on experience in establishing and enforcing procedures to ensure a pleasant outlook on the facility grounds. Known for using creative design ideas to beautify grounds. Highly skilled in handling maintenance issues about pools and ponds on the property.
• Physical dexterity
• Horticultural practices
• Communication and organization
• Diesel and gasoline equipment operations
• Landscaping techniques
• Customer service
• Can-do attitude
First Service, Saint George, UT
Nov 2016 – Present
• Schedule work for grounds maintenance tools.
• Clear grounds for debris and trash.
• Plant trees and shrubs as required.
• Perform mulching, fertilizing, watering, and mowing tasks.
• Monitor crew to ensure that work is being carried out efficiently.
• Landscape and cultivate lawns according to blueprints.
• Manage inventory of supplies and equipment used in landscaping activities.
• Won the Best Landscape Award from the State Horticultural department for maintaining the external premises of the office in a pleasing-to-the-eye manner.
• Carved a BMW from a bush as part of the company’s annual celebrations decorations.
Erickson Living, Catonsville, MD
May 2012 – Nov 2016
• Performed planting, mulching, mowing, weeding, and water tasks.
• Prepared grounds for seedlings using rakes.
• Mixed and applied pesticides as instructed.
• Maintain flowerbeds and performed trimming duties.
• Removed snow from sidewalks.
• Singlehandedly carved the company’s logo from closely planted trees.
• Named Worker of the Year following excellence in grounds maintenance activities.
Catonsville High School, Catonsville, MD
16 Skills to Add to a Groundskeeper Resume
Below are a few examples of groundskeeping skills that you can put in your groundskeeping resume.
- Mowing lawns, pruning bushes and trees, and edging walkways
- Maintaining site landscaping in accordance with set instructions
- Fertilizing lawns, trees, flowers, and bushes
- Trimming trees and hedges, and preventing and eliminating weeds
- Spraying insecticides in order to keep infestation at bay
- Keeping grounds free from trash, and ensuring that trash removal and disposal are done properly
- Conducting basic irrigation audits, and handling repairs on irrigations systems
- Using and maintaining gardening tools such as spades and rakes
- Ensuring the proper and safe use of manure and fertilizers
- Creating and implementing watering schedules for each plant species
- Assisting in the maintenance of parking lots and other areas, including asphalt repairs and masonry work
- Shoveling and removing snow and ice from roofs, parking lots, and sidewalks
- Handling traffic control tasks, especially during events
- Ensuring the delivery of high-quality services in a groundskeeping capacity
- Operating snow removal equipment and tools
- Cleaning grounds on a daily basis, and assisting with paint and masonry jobs
- Handling the upkeep of assigned grounds areas, by ensuring consistent aesthetics