How to Write a Great Cover Letter for a Private Investigator position?
The following tips will help you write a professional Private Investigator cover letter:
- Explain why you are sending the resume
- Persuade the reader to have a look at the enclosed resume
- Highlights the relevant skills derived from your professional background
- Communicates your personality traits and motivation for the job
- Mention your communication and interpersonal skills
- Showcase the job-relevant accomplishments or capabilities
- Open with an impressive paragraph that shows vibes of confidence
- Close with a proactive call for action
Here is a private investigator cover letter based on these tips to serve as a sample.
Related: Private Investigator Resume
766 Owen Street, Hartford, CT 67898
November 2, 2021
Mr. Timothy banks
24 Park Plaza
Hartford, CT 67898
Dear Mr. Banks:
Please accept this letter and enclosed resume as an application for the advertised position of private investigator at ABC Company. After reviewing the job description and requirements for the same, I found my profile offers the exact attributes you seek. With a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice and a proven record of solving complex cases, I can become the most valuable asset to your company.
Following are some of my competencies corresponding to your job requirements:
✔ 8+ years of training and experience in conducting covert observations utilizing surveillance equipment effectively.
✔ Connecticut State private investigator license.
✔ In-depth knowledge and fluency of all tracking software, GPS and navigation systems, SMART TRAK, FTP, and the time and attendance software.
✔ Proven track record of connecting pieces of evidence analytically analyzing all elements and compiling a comprehensive, meaningful report based on observation logs and other sources including camcorder recordings and pictorial evidence.
I’d welcome the opportunity for an interview to discuss the private investigator position, and I look forward to meeting the other team members on board. Please contact me at (000) 702-8597 to schedule a suitable date and venue for the same.
Thank you for your time and consideration.