Cover letters for private duty caregiver resume do not only complement your resume by adding a personal touch. They also work on the mechanics of telling, enticing, impressing and showing. To elaborate, they:
• Tell the hiring manager the type of position that you are looking for and provide the objective of your resume
• Entice the employer to learn more about you by focusing his or her attention on your resume
• Impress the hiring manager by showcasing your knowledge of the company that you derived through thorough research
• Show the hiring manager that you can express yourself well
Some cover letter writing guidelines that you will be interested in:
General Formatting Guidelines
• Do not use a “to whom it may concern” header in a cover letter. Instead, address it to a particular person. Make a phone call or send an email to find out who will be reviewing your cover letter.
• Write in a professional and confident manner and let your tone be polite.
• Proofread carefully – do it more than once to make sure that no grammatical errors or spelling mistakes are evident.
• Confine your cover letter to one page.
Steps to Writing a Strong Cover Letter
• Learn about the organization before you begin writing. You should know about the company’s goals and missions. Pay special attention to the language used to describe the company and use the same wherever possible.
• Consider which skills you have that are relevant to the employer’s needs.
• Write a draft that articulately spells out how you are a good match and why you should be considered.
When you follow these, a private duty caregiver cover letter will look something like this:
956 Pine Street
Newark, NJ 62321
November 6, 2015
Mr. Arthur Green
Integrity Home Care
59 Madison Avenue
Newark, NJ 36473
Dear Mr. Green:
During my formative years in school, my inner voice kept shouting that caregiving is where I actually belong. And that is why I am selectively contacting you – Integrity Home Care has been long known for its exceptional delivery of personalized caregiving and I would like to be part of it as a private duty caregiver.
What you are asking for – with reference to the advertisement you placed in The Class Ads – and what I can deliver sound like a complete match! As an individual who successfully rehabilitated 7 patients who were doomed for life in hospices, I believe that I have the healing touch that caregivers of today lack. Since my skills are mostly inherent, it is easy for me to build up on any one that I choose to, hence providing the benefit of this to patients under my wing.
I will contact you next week to determine when your schedule will allow us to meet. In the interim, I am available at (222) 222-2222 or ethelgraham @ email. com.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on