One of the most common questions that a hiring manager asks during an interview is “do you have any questions about the job description?”.
This question can throw people off to an extent that they get confused, and can even ruin their chances of being selected for a position.
This question is usually asked because the prospective employer wants to know how eloquent you are, and how much interest you are putting into the interview process.
There is no single proper way to answer this question. However, you cannot leave this question unanswered as the employer will expect you to be open about your thoughts.
This specific question can throw us off as candidates, making it difficult to ace an otherwise successful interview. So, how does one respond to this question?
The good news is that there are several interesting ways of responding to this particular question.
Here are some creative responses that you can provide for the question “do you have any questions about the job description?”
Do You Have any Questions About the Job Description? 10 Answers
1. No, I think you have covered most of my concerns. I am positive that I can live up to your expectations of the role as mentioned in the job description. I am eager to start the work.
2. I actually do have a concern, which is not directly related to the job description. That is, will I be able to go above and beyond my regular tasks to get extraordinary results?
3. One of the most exciting parts of this job is the fact that I will get to work in a dynamic environment. I am interested in knowing if my job description will change accordingly, or is set to remain static.
4. I am quite satisfied with the job that I will be performing. However, I am concerned about the flexibility of tasks. Will they affect the work that I will be doing?
5. Are you considering branching out to other cities? If yes, what will my role be there?
6. I am somewhat doubtful whether I will be responsible for creating ones for my team, or will HR be doing that?
7. While I am quite confident that my current skill set and experience are good enough to do the job properly. However, I am interested in knowing if the company uses specific software to organize information.
8. Yes, I am interested to know a little more about the work that I will be performing in the capacity of administrative assistant at ABC Company.
9. One question that I have in mind is if the company is planning to increase its digital presence. I am asking because this relates directly to my work, as I will need to ensure a better strategy to get things on the road.
10. I am very excited at the prospect of working with you. I do have a concern – you mentioned that my predecessor was in this position for a pretty short time. Would you know what specific problems or hurdles he faced?