There is a fear that we all feel at the mention of an upcoming interview that most of us cannot handle.
Even if both experience and knowledge are great friends, we often end up feeling inadequate where interviews are concerned.
The good news is that all this is extremely normal. Everyone is on edge right before an interview – it is a given.
However, there is one thing that we can do to ease the pain associated with the interview process.
By going through the following set of interview questions and answers for a biochemist position, you might be able to keep at least some of your fears at bay:
Biochemist Interview Questions and Answers
1. What skills do you possess which make you an excellent person to hire as a biochemist at our facility?
Apart from 9 years of experience working as a biochemist at one of the most popular and high-volume laboratories in the state, I am a highly analytic individual, who can accurately analyze samples and specimens and come up with the desired solutions.
2. As a biochemist, what were the main duties that you performed in a previous role?
While working as a biochemist, I have been involved in a lot of activities such as preparing samples and specimens, devising experiments to determine the content of each sample, analyzing results of findings, and creating and submitting log reports for each biochemical procedure performed at the laboratory.
3. Why did you choose to work as a biochemist?
Biochemistry has always fascinated me, ever since the time I discovered it in high school. When it was time for college, taking up a relevant degree program was a natural choice. So here I am!
4. What is the one thing that you look out for when performing experimentation work, to ensure the efficacy of end results?
While there are many procedures that need to be taken into account, I place a lot of focus on equipment and instruments calibration.
5. Have you ever been in a situation where the results of your experiments were incorrect?
I am a thorough individual, who makes sure that work processes are aptly carried out. Till now, all my experiments and analysis have been spot on.
6. What is the one achievement that you have to your name which you can consider a great feat?
Last year, during a routine specimen testing, I happened to come across a germ that could prove to be fatal to the human body. Not only did I make this discovery but also managed to come up with a solution to keep it isolated. This I believe is my biggest achievement so far!