An internship is usually the first step an individual takes in the line of developing a stable career in the animal science field.
Internships prepare people for the real world – the intricacies of work, organizational structures, and the overall “tricks of the trade” are all shown to an individual at this level.
That is why when you apply for an internship, you have to make sure that you sell yourself thoroughly – through your resume.
The primary purpose of a resume for Animal Science internship is to get you an interview.
When writing your resume for animal science internship, include precise information which is relevant to the veterinary position.
Keep away from listing every job you’ve ever had.
You may also consult your Career Counselor to review your resume.
Animal Science Internship Resume Example
5285 Stony Avenue, Wayside, WV 98715
ANIMAL SCIENCE INTERN
• A scientific-minded individual with significant exposure to performing research activities in a bid to assist the livestock industry in improving and flourishing.
• Highly-developed skills in handling biotechnical concepts to develop livestock so that it can effectively withstand modern diseases.
• Proven ability to conduct detailed research regarding animal nutrition, breeding, and to improve processes associated with both.
• Adept at determining the nutritional needs of animals through performing in-depth studies to ensure optimum nutritive values of animal feeds.
• Proficient in developing and implementing improved practices in feeding, housing, and disease control to ensure the well-being of livestock.
• Well-versed in translating research findings into meaningful business opportunities to create a niche in the livestock market.
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE
– Animal Health Assessment
– Livestock Artificial Insemination
– Controlled Animal Selection
– Disease Control / Prevention
– Customer Service
– Disease Diagnosis
– Traits Heritability
– Genetic Compositions
– Scientific Research Methodologies
Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Sciences
WAYSIDE UNIVERSITY, Wayside, WV
Expected date of Graduation: July 2021
Cumulative GPA: 3.23/4.00
Animal Science Intern
KRAFT HEINZ COMPANY, Wayside, WV
Jan 2020 – Mar 2020
• Conducted detailed research on livestock to determine the presence and cause of diseases.
• Researched animal genetics and nutritional reproduction to assist in implementing effective ways of keeping livestock healthy.
• Assisted in developing and implementing effective ways of producing and processing meat, poultry, eggs, and milk.
• Assisted crossbreeding animals and determining appropriate housing for animals and lowering death rates.
• Disposed of waste materials properly by ensuring that appropriate waste disposal methods are followed.
AWARDS & AFFILIATIONS
Matt and Virginia Heist Scholarship
Glenn R. Kean Commemorative Scholarship
99th Little Worldwide Champion Showman
National Society of Collegiate Scholars