Knowing yourself and knowing the employer are the two basics of writing a cover letter for a technical recruiter position.
When you have both these covered, you have the entire cover letter covered.
Knowing yourself is important because you need to be able to portray yourself correctly. Knowing the employer is as important since you need to frame yourself in a manner that is acceptable to the employer.
A technical recruiter cover letter SHOULD NOT be:
• A mass-produced copy
• A letter which is not in the standard business format
• Lacks information on where to reach you
• Unattractive and spans more than one page
• Has spelling and grammatical mistakes
A technical recruiter letter SHOULD be:
• Creatively written and mistake-free
• Correct in syntax and possess action verbs
• Interesting and attention-grabbing
• Possesses quantified examples of your accomplishments or skills
Now that you have a list of dos and don’ts, you can easily write your cover letter.
So if it is a technical recruiter position that you are applying for, you will need first to outline what your people skills are. Are you familiar with candidate pool management?
Are you an effective communicator?
Do you have advanced resume search techniques?
Yes to all. By all means, proceed to the cover letter sample provided below:
See also: Technical Recruiter Resume
Technical Recruiter Cover Letter Example
11 Georgia Drive
Lee, NH 71247
Phillip @ email . com
June 5, 2015
Mr. John Bercow
Manager Human Resources
345 Forest Glen Road
Lee, NH 77788
Dear Mr. Bercow:
I am writing to apply for a Technical Recruiter position at Highfive. Gauging the technical candidate pool through the eyes of trained individuals is the key to successful technical recruitment. And it is this value that I offer to Highfive.
Being aware of the many challenges that companies face nowadays where choosing the right technical people is concerned, I offer not only expertise and skill but vast experience in managing a full-cycle recruiting process.
Please refer to the following skills that I have to my name:
• Comprehensive knowledge of developing and executing tactical sourcing strategies to generate technical candidate flow for each specified position.
• Functional ability to screen and qualify candidates for technical and cultural fit to assigned roles.
• Skilled in identifying niche skill candidates with the appropriate level of security clearances.
• Able to work effectively with hiring managers to determine the needs and scope of candidate pool needed for each technical job.
If you can free up a bit of time next week, I’d welcome the opportunity to meet with you in person. I will call your office to confirm this and will be glad to answer any queries regarding my qualifications.
Thank you for your time and consideration.