A houseman represents a hotel’s services. And this is why employers hire people who are much accomplished in this area.
At the time of writing your resume and cover letter for a houseman position, you must make sure that you think of your accomplishments as well.
How exactly are accomplishments different from skills and duties?
As a houseman, your accomplishments will lie in your efforts, which had a positive effect on the hotel that you were working for.
For instance, being named Employee of the Year due to the exceptional contribution to the hotel is an accomplishment.
When a hiring manager sees this, he or she will automatically start picturing how you can replicate it for them.
When writing the accomplishments section of a houseman resume, or highlighting these in your cover letter, you have to make a conscious effort to make a positive impression.
This means that the choice of words has to be excellent.
Sample Achievements for Houseman Resume
- Implemented a core guest room cleaning system, increased efficiency by 50%.
- Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance on cleaning equipment, decreasing breakdown incidents by 80%.
- Successfully cleaned and maintained 32 guestrooms in one day, on a particularly busy day at work.
- Devised a bathroom and kitchen sanitization system considered 50% more efficient than the one already being followed.
- Significantly improved the supplies inventory system, by streamlining associated procedures.
- Suggested mattress flipping regularly, as a result, decreased the number of complaints from guests.
- Singlehandedly maintained the hotel’s HVAC system, with zero downtime.
- Successfully retained an angry guest, by providing him with exceptional services, consequently stopping him from going to the competition.
- Cut cleaning agents’ costs, by suggesting the onboarding of a cheaper, yet better vendor.
- Trained 25 other housemen in handling cleaning, and maintenance tasks as part of their training and induction program.
- Held a consistently perfect attendance record, thereby, being named “Employee of the Year” 3 times in a row.
- Surpassed supervisor expectations, by working back-to-back shifts for 2 weeks.
- Considered the best hotel houseman, on account of consistent high-quality service delivery to guests.
- Created and implemented core safety processes, as a result, decreased work-related hazards by 85%.
- Successfully supervised a team of housemen and laundry staff members for 5 weeks, in the absence of the supervisor.