If you take resume writing seriously, you can bet on one thing – your resume for the hotel houseman position will be read in detail.
Yes, there are times when hiring managers do not bother reading an entire resume because it is difficult to navigate, or the information in it is simply not according to what they were expecting.
Looking for the perfect format to base your resume on? Keep reading …
Hotel Houseman Resume Sample
8112 Barrister Road | Dover, DE 12354
(000) 178-4572 | henbut @ email . com
Service-oriented, well-organized and resourceful
Over 14 years of hands-on experience working in high-end hospitality environments. Exceptionally well-versed in providing one on one housekeeping and dining support services to guests, ensuring their satisfaction and repeat business. Maintains housekeeping standards by performing sweeping and mopping activities, stocking, and emptying carts, and performing sanitizing duties.
Professional Skills & Competencies
- Supplies Replenishment
- Inventory Oversight
- Cleaning and Sanitization
- Repair and Maintenance
- Bellman Assistance
- Laundry Management
- Safe Work Procedures
- Cart Replenishment
- Event Assistance
- Complaint Handling
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS A HOTEL HOUSEMAN
• Retained a corporate guest after a particularly bad experience that he had had with another houseman, by providing him with exceptional services, and changing his opinion about the hotel.
• Identified 3 hazardous situations pertaining to electric work within the hotel before it had a chance to hurt someone.
• Revamped the inventory management system, making it 65% more efficient than before.
• Introduced a new replenishment system, which took 35% less time to complete than the one already in place.
The Hyatt, Dover, DE | 2008 – Present
• Greet customers as they check into their rooms and assist them with the check-in process
• Provide customers with information that they need regarding hotel services and facilities
• Perform bed stripping and linen changing activities and ensure that all supplies within the room and bathroom are replenished
• Transport dirty laundry to the washing area and pick up clean linen and towels
• Replenish the room attendant cart with supplies such as toilet paper, soap, shampoo, shaving kits, and linen
• Sweep and mop floors in rooms, corridors, stairwells, lobbies, and reception areas
• Sanitize all surfaces using the right amount of sanitizing liquids and other cleaning agents
• Set up, clean, and maintain event rooms for meetings, wedding receptions, and parties
Panorama Hotel, Dover, DE | 2003 – 2008
• Assisted housekeeping staff in carrying linen to guests’ rooms and changing beds
• Gathered dirty linen and transported it to the washing area to be washed and ironed
• Provided support in replenishing bathroom supplies such as soap, shampoo, and paper towels
• Swept and sanitized floors in rooms, offices, lobbies, and waiting areas, ensuring that wet floor signs were erected where required
• Assisted guests in locating their rooms, helped them settle in, and provided them with information on facilities and services
Dover High School, Dover, DE | 1999
High School Diploma
I am organized and flexible, with a logical approach to identify housekeeping needs and fulfill them properly. I remain calm under pressure.