Writing a resume for a hospital housekeeper job may be a little tough, especially since you haven’t worked in this capacity before.
Your resume does not necessarily need to include the experience section. Where an entry-level hospital housekeeper position is concerned, a lack of prior work experience is a given.
However, you do have to build upon other areas if you want to be successful in obtaining the job.
Aspiring to work as a hospital housekeeper means that you must have some skills to show for it.
Basic knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing must be made obvious in your resume.
Have a look at the following resume for an entry-level hospital housekeeper position:
Hospital Housekeeping Resume No Experience
87 Springs Road, Akron, OH54897
Enthusiastic, organized, and meticulous individual, with an inherent interest in housekeeping work. Familiar with cleaning hospital areas, such as rooms, nursing units, offices, and clinical areas. Well-versed in utilizing the right chemicals to perform sanitization work.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Waste Management
- Preventative Maintenance
- Equipment Use
- Safe Chemical Use
- Repair Handling
- Inventory Oversight
High School Diploma
Akron High School, Akron, OH – 2020
• Maintained an excellent academic record for 3 years.
• Represented the school in 2 football matches, both of which were won.
• Chosen as the only student to represent the school at the World Literary Festival held in Tokyo, Japan in 2017.
The City Hospital, Akron, OH
1/2020 – 5/2020
• Assisted patients with grooming, toileting, and dressing.
• Cleaned and sanitized patients’ rooms.
• Changed linen and transported dirty laundry to washing areas.
• Administered medication by mouth, under supervision.
• Emptied wastepaper baskets and ashtrays.
• Replenished supplies in bathrooms, such as soap, and paper towels.
• Mixed and used chemicals in a safe manner.
• Oversaw inventory levels and communicated low stick situations to supervisors.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Received Volunteer of the Quarter Award for providing continuous service to the local old people’s home.
• Placed at the top of the high school graduate list, owing to exceptional learning abilities.
• Fluent in 3 languages, including English, Spanish, and German
• Played chess and soccer as part of the school, and with independent community clubs.
• Headed the school volunteer club, which provided services to orphanages within the city.