✓ Takes guests’ food and beverage orders
✓ Communicate in a friendly manner with in-room dinning servers
✓ Process payments for goods and services to include room charges, credit card and cash
✓ Provide menu suggestions
✓ Answers telephones within three rings
Room Service Order Taker Resume Sample
1088 Johnson Square, Scottsdale, AZ 47652
000-878-6758 • g.sch @ email . com
Room Service Order Taker
6+ years of experience as a success-driven server and focused order taker in leading chains of hotels. Exceptional knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards. Ability to remember and promote a variety of menu items, and operate Point of Sale system in a professional manner. Familiar with menu items and accompaniments.
Ruby’s Diner, Austin, TX
Food Server | Nov 2008 – May 2013
• Welcomed guests in a courteous manner
• Helped them find an appropriate table and ascertained their dining needs
• Managed the seating chart.
• Systematically monitored restaurant activity to determine seating and dining flow.
• Assisted employees with side duties such as cleaning, stocking and folding silverware.
• Directly responded to guest inquiries and requests in an appropriate, pleasant and effective manner.
Rica Well Grand Hotel, Houston, TX
Restaurant Server | Oct 2007 – Nov 2008
• Always appeared in a professional demeanor for serving meals to guests in their rooms.
• Transported silverware, linen, and food on tray or cart.
• Cleaned tables after guests have finished eating.
• Actively stocked service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
• Ensured the quality of service provided to guests.
• Ensured total guest satisfaction.
• Resolved guest complaints within the scope of authority.
Golden Gate Resort, DFW Airport, TX
Room Service Order Taker | Jan 2007 – Oct 2007
• Promptly answered room service calls.
• Announced any specials and promoted menu items.
• Took and documented orders, repeated items detail to ensure accuracy.
• Quoted expected arrival time with speed and accuracy.
• Immediately inputted order information into point of sale system.
City Technical College, Houston, TX | 2006
Associate of Arts in Hospitality
Mathematical Proficiencies: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure with whole numbers, common fractions and decimals using a calculator or 10-key audit.
Computer: Good command on Excel and ABC Inventory software.
Last updated on