There are hundreds of ways in which you can impress potential employers with a resume – but not all of them work.
The following resume sample is written in a format which works in most situations:
Unarmed Security Guard Resume Example
32 Sok Road, Mobile, AL37112
UNARMED SECURITY GUARD
Highly responsible, and exceptionally well-trained security guard, with over seven years of experience of securing and protecting residential and commercial properties. Proficient in performing security patrols of designated areas, on foot and vehicles.
• Demonstrated ability to watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns.
• Highly skilled in warning violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden items.
• Effectively able to monitor access and egress points to ensure building security.
• Deeply familiar with investigating and reporting on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities.
|Inspection||Alarm Setup||Violation Management|
|Theft Prevention||Emergency Response||Hazards Control|
|Access / Egress Control||Screening||Asset Protection|
|Vehicular Checking||Parcel Inspection||Patrolling|
• Successfully thwarted a terror attempt, by recognizing signs of trouble, and taking immediate action.
• Implemented a theft prevention strategy, which proved to be 75% more efficient than the one already being followed.
• Introduced a novel alarm system, replacing the old and inefficient one.
• Singlehandedly patrolled the entire building within an hour, in the absence of 3 other security guards.
Unarmed Security Guard
New England Security, Mobile, AL | 2013 – Present
• Inspect assigned areas, such as buildings and car parks to determine signs of problems.
• Ascertain that any issues such as violations and rules infractions are reported and intervened in.
• Monitor entry and exit points, ensuring that all incoming traffic is appropriately authorized.
• Investigate security breaches and suspicious circumstances, and ensure that they are reported to the authorities.
• Check all windows and doors to ensure that they are locked at the end of the workday.
• Create and maintain entry and exit logs of visitors, ensuring that they are presented to security heads.
• Intervene in problematic situations such as fights and violations, and follow protocols to resolve them.
• Monitor surveillance equipment such as alarms and cameras, ensuring that they are in good working order.
Cape Fox Professional Services, Mobile, AL | 2007 – 2013
• Assisted in setting up the security camera and alarm systems, by following instructions.
• Watched security cameras to determine if any issues or problems were arising.
• Patrolled assigned areas, ensuring that all is under control, and properly secured.
• Informed security guards of any issues that may have occurred, in an immediate manner.
• Created and maintained logs of daily security activities and issues.
Mobile High School, Mobile, AL
High School Diploma