The retail world hosts a multitude of job positions. One important part of a retail setting is the meat department.
A meat clerk holds an vital position in any department store. This professional is responsible for receiving, storing, cutting, grinding and packaging meat, so it is ready for selling to the customers.
They scrutinize meat as it is delivered to ensure that the quality and quantity is correct and rotates it while in storage to avoid aging.
Being a meat clerk is not for the squeamish! Some meat clerks are expected to perform advanced cutting procedures which might not be very pleasant for some people. However, if you take this job as a challenge, you may be eligible to fill the position of a meat clerk.
To write a compelling resume for a position in the grocery field, you may need to specify many skills that will intrigue an employer enough to call you for an interview. This may include knowledge of groceries and the ability to manage customers in a retail environment.
Meat Clerk Resume Example
447 Johnson Grove Lane, Crownsville, MD 24233
(999) 999-9999, Email
Energetic meat clerk with a 7-plus-years hands-on experience working in busy retail environments. Expert in analyzing meat and meat products for quality and freshness. Proficient in cutting and packing meat for selling purposes. Conversant with maintaining appropriate refrigeration temperatures and humidity levels for meat storage. Well versed in wrapping, scaling and labeling meat products.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to meet performance standards
• Capable of following directions and performing repetitious tasks
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Able to work a flexible schedule
The Meat Company, Crownsville, MD 2013 – Present
• Receive and prepare meat for selling.
• Cut meat into pieces according to predefined instructions.
• Pack and label meat appropriately.
• Ensure that the quality of meat received from vendors is under the standards of the company.
• Assist in unloading and displaying meat as directed.
• Clean and sanitize work areas and cutting and preparation tools.
• Rotate meat to ensure freshness.
• Garnish and marinate meat in accordance with the company’s guidelines.
• Ensure the temperature of refrigerators is correct.
• Manage meat products inventory.
• Introduced organic meat for health-conscious clients resulting in an increase of clientele by 33%.
• Placed a quality assurance system engendering procurement of only the best quality meats.
ABC Department Store, Crownsville, MD 2011 – 2013
Courtesy Clerk / Bagger
• Assisted customers in locating grocery items
• Stocked shelves with fruits, vegetables, and other grocery items
• Provided product information when required
• Assisted in cutting and packaging meat products when needed
• Revamped the shelves in the grocery section, bringing near expiry products at the front to be sold first.
• Introduced a quality management system by creating a checklist of things to look out for when receiving fresh produce.
G.E.D | Euclid High School, Crownsville, MD – 2011
• POS System
• Retail Software
• MS Word and Excel