You need to pay a lot of attention to the information that you put on a resume regardless of the position you are applying for.
That is also true of positions in the business world. Not everyone has business acumen and to be able to succeed; one needs to possess some qualifications that will help them in achieving success.
When writing a resume for merchandise associate’s position, you must make sure that you know what the job requires of you.
A merchandise associate assists a merchandiser in selecting and purchasing items for a company to sell. Primarily, they research and provide information on the growth prospects of an item and also analyze the market to decipher trends.
They are instrumental in assisting in developing business strategies and are also expected to provide appropriate merchandise forecasts.
The following resume sample will help you write your resume when applying for this position.
Merchandise Associate Resume Example
4521 Edgemere Road, Lynnfield, MA 73800 | Tel: (009) 999-9999, Email
Highly organized and detail-oriented Merchandise Associate with six years’ track record of precisely and capably supporting large merchandising activities. Particularly effective in planning akin to procurement, promotion, and the assortment of different products. A methodical individual who effectively coordinates with third parties and supervises the production and procurement procedures. Well-versed in analyzing market trends and formulating business strategies accordingly
• Track record of gathering and analyzing market data effectively
• Focused on delivering results and exceeding targets
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate sales and allocate appropriate shelf locations
• Able to work with minimum supervision
Bottom Dollar, Lynnfield, MA March 2012 – Present
• Gauge client feedback and sales trend of the company.
• Analyze market trends and strategize plans to meet the demands that these trends pose.
• Select merchandise appropriate for the clients.
• Ensure maintenance of quality standards.
• Manage shelf space and allocation for different items to be sold..
• Evaluate sales report and provide information to merchandiser to formulate appropriate plans
• Maintain liaison with vendors and suppliers.
• Procured the Vendor Member membership engendering bulk discounts for the company.
• Grew customer base by 25% by effectively forecasting sales trends and working towards providing excellence in customer services.
HALSTON – Los Angeles, CA Nov 2011 – Mar 2012
• Assisted in planning and implementing business strategies for procurement of items to be sold.
• Managed shelf space for different items in accordance with their expiry dates and demand.
• Assisted with managing marketing research activities for the merchandise.
• Maintained the storeroom in terms of merchandise and paperwork involved.
• Revamped the merchandising inventory system by introducing and setting up a centralized online inventory system.
• Redesigned the stocking procedure bringing the procedure down to 5 days.
Diploma in Merchandising | Some College – Los Angeles, CA – 2009
MBA | City University – Los Angeles, CA – 2008