Finance interns work under the supervision of a finance manager.
They are required to learn how to perform a number of duties related to finance, tax, accounting, and audit duties. Also, they perform a vast array of administrative duties while learning the trade.
If you are a finance student or recent graduate looking for an internship to augment the beginning of your professional career, the following resume sample is for you.
557 N 400 E | Ogden, UT 52474 | (000) 653-5214 | Email
Highly motivated and resourceful Finance Intern with a strong knowledge base of financial principles and excellent administrative acumen. Demonstrated ability to work in busy environments, as well as high-stress situations. Energetic and enthusiastic, a multi-tasker who is able to solve problems and make quick decisions based on the information.
Utah State University – Ogden, UT
Expected Graduation Date: August 2021
Bachelors of Finance and Accounting
• Good understanding of data collection and validation procedures
• Proficient in financial data analysis and review
• Excellent knowledge of vendor billing reconciliation and federal funding programs
• Exceptional ability to manage administrative and clerical duties
• Excellent analytic skills
• Ability to work independently
• Well-honed leadership qualities
• Knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and QuickBooks
• Internet savvy
Volunteer (Finance Department)
Home Depot – Cedarhurst, NY
May 2019 – Dec 2019
• Assisted Finance Managers with their daily workload
• Recorded and followed up on specific financial matters
• Created and organized invoices and other essential documents
• Helped staff in managing the weekly budget
• Worked with QuickBooks
• President of the college Business and Finance Clubs
• Member of the college athletics club
• Member of the geological and geographical societies
• Volunteer at the college accounting office during two summers
• Volunteered services for the Green Club
• Active member of Lead America and WWF for their conservation activities
Recommended: Finance Internship Cover Letter