So you are ready to write or update your resume to apply for a conference planner position.
In order to succeed, you have to carefully craft each section of your resume and never send your resume before proofreading it at least a few times. These small things make all the difference.
Your resume should look something like this sample:
Sample Resume for Conference Planner Position
159 Church Road, Toms River, NJ 02134
jean.boyd @ email . com
A creative and results-oriented conference planner who is known for originality and conscientiousness in planning, designing, and producing conferences by ensuring that all delivery elements are managed within provided deadlines. Worked exceptionally well in a team-oriented environment to organize 100% successful conferences.
• Coordinating the ongoing planning, organization, and delivery of internal and external meetings from initial contact to execution
• Implementation of all conference planning and logistics to ensure that no details are missed
• Tracking attendance and expenditure to meet allocated budgets
• Supporting, encouraging, and directing independent program pursuits
COMPAS GROUP HOLDINGS, Toms River, NJ
(5/2016 to Present)
• Comprehend the need for organizing conference by conferring with key personnel
• Perform research work to determine appropriate venues and/or facilities
• Handle staff procurement duties by ensuring that the correct number and type of members are hired
• Organize the registration of conference participants by contacting interested employees/members
• Evaluate and select service providers such as caterers and decorators
• Plan and develop agendas, programs, and budgets according to specified requirements
• Negotiate contracts with service providers to ensure the entertainment of the lowest bidders
• Direct dissemination of promotional materials and responses to inquiries
• Promote conferences by liaising with trade associations and producing publications
• Develop conference topics and choose speakers
• Handled the details of 6 large events within 3 months, all of them being termed as “corporate successes.”
• Brought a panel of 32 event management specialists on board, which reduced large conference planning problems by 50%.
• Secured the services of 3 local caterers, thereby reducing catering costs by $45000.
• Stayed within the allocated budget for all 52 conferences planned between 2019 and 2021.
ANDERSON INC., Toms River, NJ
(1/2008 to 5/2016)
• Assisted in handling the details of meetings and conferences by ensuring that all logistics are effectively coordinated
• Provided support in procuring services of caterers and speakers
• Assisted in charting out conference proposals and handling budget requirements
• Handled the formulation of presentations and informational handouts
• Schedules meetings and appointments and handled social media presence
• Created correspondence on behalf of staff members and received and distributed mail
High School Diploma
TOMS RIVER HIGH SCHOOL, Toms River, NJ
• Event Planning
• Logistics Handling
• Technology Support
• Staff Allocation
• Event Evaluation
• Market Research
• Objectives Determination
• Proposal Development