In order to write a winning makeup artist resume, you will need to highlight your relevant skills and qualifications. That is because your qualifications are most compelling evidence of your candidacy.
Sometimes the candidate has the skills, but their resume fails to convince the employer of the same. Don’t let this happen.
How to Write Impressive Qualifications and Skills on a Makeup Artist Resume?
Below are some tips on how to phrase your makeup artist skills to enhance their impact:
- Incorporate relevant keywords
- Highlight only the relevant skills as demanded by the employer
- Instill confidence in your skills statements
Sample Skills and Qualifications for Makeup Artist Resume
- Competent in all range of makeup applications including party, wedding, and TV shoots.
- Expert in the base application and pre-makeup skin toning.
- Full command on lip and brow shaping and contouring.
- Adept at blending eyeshades and using liquid and dry liners to shape the eyes.
- Proficient in making various types of braids and buns.
- Extensive knowledge regarding hair dyeing and extension application protocols.
Nail Art Skills
- Expert in manual nail art and nail pattern printing.
- Competent in various types of manicure and pedicure.
- Substantial ability to analyze the clients’ skin type and recommend suitable products and treatment.
- Well versed in toning skin with various facial massage techniques before makeup application.
- Expert in identifying the natural facial beauty lift points and enhance the same through strategic blusher application.
- Proficient in reading and understanding precautions about certain product usage, as given in the manual.
- Well versed in understanding and following workplace safety instructions.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Well versed in offering skincare and makeup application advice and consultancy services utilizing profound knowledge of cosmetology.
- Demonstrated ability to promote products, services, and offers to clients verbally, over the phone, and through email.
- Proficient in giving product presentations and service demonstrations.
- Excellent ability to build professional relationships with clients.
- Well versed in negotiating deals and selling products to clients.
- Excellent listening skills with a profound ability to grasp the customer’s preferences, demands, and requirements.
- Demonstrated skills in inventory management and timely replenishment of supplies.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to multitask.
- Skilled in keeping appointments and finishing the task to perfection within the allocated time frame.
- Able to create bills, collect payments and tender change
- Proficient in cash register balancing