In order to apply for a job as a makeup artist, you will need to write a compelling makeup artist resume, as well as a cover letter.
This page will guide you on how to write a great resume for the makeup artist position.
How to Write a Makeup Artist Resume?
- Keep the layout and style of your resume appealing, simple and consistent.
- Write what you have achieved above and beyond your regular duties.
- Place the most relevant and recent information at the top of each section.
- Eliminate any irrelevant skills and experiences.
- Focus on your abilities and skills as a makeup artist.
Below is a makeup artist resume sample for your further guidance.
Makeup Artist Resume Example
3110 Olive Lane
Pasadena, CA 56992
Creative and versatile Makeup Artist with 8+ years of hands-on experience in makeup application, color palette blending, and cosmetic recommendation. Expert in facial makeovers, hair styling, and nail art. Full command on all aspects of skincare with a profound ability to analyze the client’s skin type and apply suitable makeup to uplift their natural beauty features.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Skin Analysis
– Decorative Nail Art
– Product Recommendation
– Cosmetic Tools Handling
– Eye Make-Up
– Facial Cleansing
– Cosmetics Sales
– Hair Styling
– Brow Lifting
– Mark Concealing
– Fine Lines Smoothening
– Lip Shaping
- Attracted business worth $15000 by initiating a new look week campaign.
- Enhanced the overall clientele by 60% by demonstrating quality makeup and cosmetics services.
- Upsold the company’s cosmetic products massively through product promotional techniques, increasing revenue by $2000 per month.
CBN, Pasadena, CA
Oct 2016 -Present
- Provide makeup consultation to clients from different backgrounds.
- Apply makeups for special events like weddings, parties and TV shoots.
- Upsell cosmetics and skin care products.
- Maintain all products and beauty tools.
Makeup Artist Assistant
City Beauty Saloon, Pasadena, CA
May 2013 – Oct 2016
- Prepared the clients for a facial makeover by applying skin toning products.
- Assisted the lead makeup artist in hairstyling, makeups, proms, and special occasions.
- Matched makeup foundation and base with skin color and applied the same before color blending.
- Scheduled appointments, and handled general clerical work.
Associate of Science in Aesthetics
ABC Institute of Cosmetology, Pasadena, CA | 2009
American Association of Makeup Art (AAMA)
International Cosmetology Association (ICA)