One has to be very diligent when writing a resume objective. Hiring managers zero in on objectives, since these mark the beginning of a resume.
If you leave it out, you might end up confusing a hiring manager, resulting in him leaving your resume on the table. The problem is that resume objectives are hardly easy to write.
But if you have the right type of information, it is easy to write a resume objective. What kind of information? Information that will give a hiring manager some idea about your abilities and skills, as they relate to his or her work.
Resume objectives need to be upbeat, and accurate to the position for which you are applying. If they aren’t, they can have an effect opposite to what you may have expected.
Make the objective short and sweet, and ensure that it does not say unnecessary things. Give a teaser of your abilities, and leave the rest for the rest of the resume to elicit. When you write an objective, focus on your skills to handle the specific job duties that you will be expected to perform.
Make sure that your objective is no longer than 3 sentences – less is better. Remember that you are not writing an objective to provide all information about your skills. That is just a trailer. So focus on the good things that you can offer.
Here are some examples of resume objectives for a public health educator position:
Public Health Resume Objective Examples
• Exceptionally talented Public Health Educator, with 6+ years of experience in creating and implementing strategies to provide health education to assigned communities and groups, presently seeking a position at District Health Department.
• Seeking a position as a Public Health Educator at Wake County Government, by providing the benefit of exceptionally well-placed skills in building healthy communities, and worksite wellness. Effectively able to strategize plans and programs to meet the individual health needs of all clients.
• Looking for a Public Health Educator position at the office of the City of Austin. Offering demonstrated expertise in implementing and managing health education strategies, interventions, and programs.
• Desire a position as a Public Health Educator at Wakefield County Office. Eager to apply proven abilities in communicating and effectively advocating for health and health education, within set parameters.
• Resourceful, patient, diligent, and far-sighted individual, with over five years of experience in public health education. Presently seeking a Public Health Educator position at The City Office, by providing the benefit of exceptional skills in strategizing health programs, and coordinating provision of health to assigned groups and communities.
Last updated on