It is one of the hard things to write a resume to apply for a job, because of the sheer length of the document.
In the good news department, resumes do not have to belong. They just need to contain relevant information.
Here is a sample to show you what we mean:
Sample Resume for Community Health Educator Position
688 Dee Road| Ames, IA 19934
COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATOR
Reliable and team-oriented Community Health Educator with over 8 years of experience conducting client outreach activities, and facilitating small peer-led and non-peer-led groups. Highly skilled in providing health education classes, and assisting clients on a variety of projects.
Client Outreach | Advocacy
Quality Commitment | Collaborative Partnerships
Training | Community Health Activities
Behavioral Health | Lifestyle Changes
Service Delivery | Screening
Risk Assessment | Client Evaluation
- Implemented a series of community health education programs, for 15 different communities.
- Introduced a client screening program, which proved to be 65% more efficient than the one already in place.
- Devised a client evaluation system, resulting in increased accuracy in determining clients’ requirements.
- Introduced the concept of client advocacy as a standard concept, which had only been sporadic until then.
Community Health Educator
Grand Portage Health Services, Ames, IA
2012 – Present
- Create and implement community outreach strategies, ensuring that specified standards are met.
- Communicate and advocate for health education, ensuring that clients are provided with a solid overview of the program.
- Assess clients’ needs for health education, keeping change readiness in mind.
- Develop, identify, and implement client education material and other tools to encourage healthy decisions.
- Monitor and assess health communication interventions and policies.
- Assist with training community health workers, for core competencies and health area-specific content.
- Evaluate the efficacy of health education programs and make required changes where necessary.
- Gather and analyze data to learn about specific communities and their health needs.
Community Health Worker
Neighborhood Health, Ames, IA
2009 – 2012
- Assisted clients in their homes, communities, and clinical settings, to help them understand health education.
- Documented client encounters and completed and submitted periodic reports.
- Helped clients in accessing health-related services, such as obtaining medical homes, and providing instruction on the appropriate use of medical facilities.
- Facilitated communication and coordinated services between providers and clients.
- Established positive and supportive relationships with participants, and provided feedback to team members.
Bachelor’s Degree in Community Health
Iowa State University, Ames, IA