A pizza delivery driver distributes pizzas and related products by driving a vehicle, often a light truck, van, car or bike. They pick up pizzas from the franchise, load pizza container and deliver pizza once they reach their destination.
These professionals must be familiar with the routes and shortcuts in order to reach to their destination quickly. They also require handling paperwork, such as obtaining a recipient’s signature, when a pizza been delivered. They must collect payment at the premises of customer.
Following is a sample job description or duties for a pizza delivery driver resume. You may use some or all of these statements in your resume or CV.
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle.
• Assist pizza makers, chefs and kitchen staff for light prep work.
• Make boxes and organize delivery section of company.
• Pack pizzas and related products and deliver to customer’s place such as homes and offices.
• Collect cash and coupons from customers and receive signature with necessary verification of ID from credit card account.
• Drive personal or employee owned vehicle using GPS to deliver pizza on time.
• Promote pizza products, distribute door hangers and promotional materials.
• Sell pizzas and products over well-known routes.
• Document and keep record of information on pick-ups and deliveries, automobile mileage, fuel costs and any problems encountered.
• Communicate with central pizza office by means of cellular telephone or citizens’ band (CB) radio.
• Collect payment of delivered pizzas.
• Prepare a number of products, wash dishes, operate pizza oven, sweep floors, carry out closing tasks per company standards.