Pizza Delivery Driver Job Description
A pizza delivery driver distributes pizzas and related products by driving a vehicle, often a light truck, van, car, or bike.
They pick up pizzas from the franchise, load pizza containers, and deliver pizza once they reach their destination.
Pizza delivery drivers must be familiar with the routes and shortcuts to reach their destination quickly.
They also require handling paperwork, such as obtaining a recipient’s signature, when a pizza been delivered.
In addition, they must collect payment at the premises of the customer.
The following is a sample job description or duties for a pizza delivery driver resume. You may use some or all of these statements in your resume or CV.
Job Duties for Pizza Delivery Driver Resume
• Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of the vehicle.
• Assist pizza makers, chefs, and kitchen staff with light prep work.
• Make boxes and organize the delivery section of the company.
• Pack pizzas and related products and deliver to customer’s places such as homes and offices.
• Collect cash and coupons from customers and receive signatures with necessary verification of ID from the credit card account.
• Drive personal or employee-owned vehicles using GPS to deliver pizza on time.
• Promote pizza products, distribute door hangers, and promotional materials.
• Sell pizzas and products over popular routes.
• Document and keep a record of information on pick-ups and deliveries, automobile mileage, fuel costs, and any problems encountered.
• Communicate with central pizza office using cellular telephone or citizens’ band (CB) radio.
• Collect payment of delivered pizzas.
• Prepare a number of products, wash dishes, operate pizza oven, sweep floors, carry out closing tasks per company standards.
Pizza Delivery Driver Skills
- A clean driving record
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, and reliable vehicle
- Friendly demeanor
- Keen sense of direction
- Map reading and GPS
- Basic math skills
- Desire to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for learning