If you’re hoping to land a job as an ambulance driver, a good resume will help you stand out from other applicants.
The basic purpose of the ambulance driver’s resume is to catch the prospective employer’s attention by highlighting your experiences and skills using bullet points.
Showcase your expertise in the ambulance driving field and use keywords and powerful adjectives that demand attention.
Here is an example to get ideas from:
Ambulance Driver Resume Sample
5 Worthington Road
Mascotte, FL 18902
petesut @ email . com
Dependable and energetic Ambulance Driver with a verifiable track record of handling emergency situations through the delivery of exceptional services. Hands-on experience in driving ambulances, ensuring that equipment and consumable stock is operational, maintaining the vehicle, and providing assistance to paramedics. A systematic and tactful individual who has a proven ability to work well under pressure.
• Route Mapping
• Preventative Maintenance
• Emergency Response
• Fact Reporting
• Dispatcher Liaison
• Radio System Operations
• Supplies Stocking
• Reports Creation
• Patient Risk Management
• Road Safety Awareness
• Saved a stroke patients’ life by quickly realizing the danger in transporting, and providing him with immediate CPR on the spot.
• Introduced voice activation GPS, resulting in a reduction in time taken to travel between destinations by 50%.
• Successfully transported 12 victims of a building collapse tragedy, to nearby hospitals, within 1 hour, saving all 12 of them from succumbing to their injuries.
• Decreased chances of mid-transport breakdowns by overseeing and ensuring everyday maintenance checks on the ambulance fleet.
Novant Health, Mascotte, FL
5/2016 – Present
• Get designated ambulance ready by ensuring that it is in good working order at the beginning of each shift.
• Ensure that the assigned ambulance is fueled and any potential issues such as tire pressure of engine oil are kept at bay.
• Respond to situations such as medical emergencies, fires, and natural disasters, by taking and following orders from the dispatcher.
• Ascertain that the ambulance is well-stocked and that all emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Map routes on the GPS to ensure that destination is reached in the least possible time.
• Drive ambulance with urgency, while remaining within the limits of traffic protocols, and attempt to reach the destination as quickly as possible.
• Assist EMTs in saving people from fires or rubble, and administer CPR and/or First aid as needed.
• Provide support in carrying patients to the ambulance and securing them properly.
• Drive ambulances to hospitals and keep in constant contact with dispatchers to provide them with status reports.
Emergent Services, Mascotte, FL
2/2007 – 5/2016
• Took orders from dispatchers regarding the type and location of the emergency.
• Ensured that vehicles were properly stocked with medical supplies and equipment.
• Assisted ambulance drivers in mapping out the shortest and safest way to get to the destination.
• Provided medical assistance to victims of assaults and burglaries, and those with medical conditions.
• Transported patients to hospitals in a safe manner, while constantly recording their vitals.
High School Diploma – 2006
Mascotte High School, Mascotte, FL
LICENSE & CERTIFICATION
CDL Class C
Ambulance Driver Certificate – DMV – Florida
First Aid and CPR