A youth program director resume should essentially show that the applicant is capable of overseeing youth programs within a busy facility.
Also, it should highlight that the candidate can effectively develop and implement youth activism programs, and can oversee the efficacy of such programs.
In your resume for this position, you must focus on your natural ability to lead young people in order to ensure their well-being.
Since working as a youth program director requires one to possess in-depth knowledge of issues that young people face, you must emphasize your abilities in this area.
Besides that, your Youth Program Director resume should project past experience in a similar capacity, as well as any achievements that you may have to your name.
To see how you may write an excellent youth program director resume, refer to the following sample:
Sample Resume for Youth Program Director
59 Straight Road, Flint, MI29726
Results-oriented Youth Program Director with over 8 years of experience in developing, implementing, and overseeing youth programs. Expert in setting goals, and cycling education and youth activism tools. Able to cultivate collaborative relationships to further reach and impact youth-focused programs.
- Relationship Fostering
- Recruitment and Selection
- Program Development & Modification
- Performance Management
- Needs Assessment
- Budgets Development
- Resource Management
- Successfully developed 60+ youth programs, each catering to the individual needs of diverse groups
- Implemented a performance management system, increasing program efficiency by 25%
- Singlehandedly overhauled the current needs assessment and program modification system, making both 50% more efficient than before
Youth Program Director
YMCA, Flint, MI
Oct 2017 – Present
- Develop and implement youth programs in accordance with requirements
- Supervise and evaluate programs and initiatives to ensure that they meet strategic plans
- Hire and train staff members to provide assistance in developing and implementing programs
- Create and manage budgets for each program
- Determine evaluation strategies in order to monitor performance
- Supervise all programs and ensure that related problems are resolved
- Apply change and risk management principles where required
- Manage data tracking systems in order to manage and report on program outcomes
Youth Program Manager
Momentum, Flint, MI
Mar 2011 – Oct 2017
- Assisted in developing youth program requirements
- Supported program development and implementation initiatives
- Trained staff members and volunteers, and placed them in viable support programs
- Created and operated budgets while handling grant applications and donations
- Prepared and presented periodic reports to the directors
- Reinforced organizational culture and agreements in a proactive manner
Master’s Degree in Psychology
Michigan State University, Flint, MI