How to Write a Resume for Residential Counselor Position?
• Be unique yet professional. That is to say, write more smartly written than your competitors.
• Begin your resume with an executive summary followed by a few quick bullets describing your core strengths.
• Always edit your master resume a bit to tailor it for the specific firm you are applying to. A customized resume that directly addresses the requirements of the prospective employers has a better chance of being shortlisted for a Residential Counselor interview as compared to a general one.
Related: Residential Counselor Cover Letter
Residential Counselor Resume Example
280 Unicorn Ave
Charlotte, NC 63991
jennifer @ email . com
Certified residential counselor, with 5+ years of experience in providing therapeutic care in busy residential facilities. Record of addressing behavioral issues and developmental problems among youth. Full command of elderly care and supervision of troubled and subdued residents. Solid background in group facilitation and development of rehabilitative opportunities. BCLS Certified.
– Counseling – Group Therapy
– Client Assessment – Therapeutic Planning
– Youth Rehabilitation – Activity Implementation
– Personal Care Support – Communication
• Reduced therapy period for young residents by 30% on average through an informed restructuring of rehabilitation activities conducted at the facility.
• Revitalized the lifestyle of the elderly at the facility by initiating various practical and interesting team games.
• Enhanced the standard of living at the facility by 50% through the introduction of adequate inventories pertaining to housekeeping, laundry, and direct personal care.
ABC Center, Charlotte, NC
Aug 2015 – present
• Devise an individualized therapeutic plan for each resident and implement the same
• Monitor and document the residents’ progress on a regular basis
• Facilitate support group discussions and execute activities that encourage social interaction among residents at the facility
The Support Group, Charlotte, NC
Jan 2013 – Aug 2015
• Facilitated the counselors in activity designing and implementation
• Ensured availability of all supplies needed at the facility
• Monitored various group activities of the residents
B.A., Social Work
Charlotte Technical College, Charlotte, NC
American Youth Council AYC, Charlotte, NC
International Association for Rehabilitation (IAR)
American Institute of Behavioral Therapy (AIBT)