Residential Counselor Resume Tips
• Be unique, but remain professional. We often hear that standout resumes are unique. This statement can be misinterpreted easily. Unique in resume writing doesn’t mean out of league. It means more smartly written than your competitors.
• Begin your resume with an executive summary followed by few quick bullets describing your core strengths.
• Always edit your master resume a bit to tailor it for the specific firm you are applying at. A customized resume that directly addresses the requirements of the prospective employers has better chances of being shortlisted for an interview as compared to a general one.
280 Unicorn Ave • Charlotte, NC 63991 • (009) 444-6666 • jennifer @ email . com
Highly perceptive and tactful, certified residential counselor with 5+ years of experience in providing therapeutic care in a variety of residential facilities. Record of addressing behavioral issues and developmental problems among youth. Full command over elderly care and supervision of troubled and subdued residents. Solid background in group facilitation and development of rehabilitative opportunities. BCLS Certified.
|– Counseling||– Group Therapy||– Client Assessment|
|– Therapeutic Planning||– Youth Rehabilitation||– Resident Monitoring|
|– Group Facilitation||– Activity Implementation||– Medical Administration|
|– Personal Care Support||– Recreational Activities||– Customer Service|
• Reduced therapy period for young residents by 30% at average through informed restructuring of rehabilitation activities conducted at the facility.
• Revitalized the life style of elderly at the facility by initiating various practical and interesting team games.
• Enhanced the standard of living at the facility by 50% through introduction of effective inventories pertaining to housekeeping, laundry and direct personal care.
AMERICAN YOUTH CARE CENTRE, Charlotte, NC
Residential Counselor, 6/2011 to Present
• Devise individualized therapeutic plans for each resident and implement the same
• Monitor and document the residents’ progress on regular basis
• Facilitate support group discussions and execute activities that encourage social interaction among residents at the facility
THE SUPPORT GROUP, Charlotte, NC
Activity Facilitator, 3/2009 to 5/2011
• Facilitated the counselors in activity designing and implementation
• Ensured availability of all supplies needed at the facility
• Monitored various group activities of the residents
SEEK INSTITUTE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, Charlotte, NC, 2009
B.A., Social Work
American Youth Council AYC, Charlotte, NC
International Association for Rehabilitation (IAR)
American Institute of Behavioral Therapy (AIBT)