A volunteer coordinator’s main job is to organize and synchronize the work of volunteers for a facility. In order to apply for this position, he or she has to write a winning cover letter.
Consider your cover letter as a marketing tool to sell your skills and knowledge. It is imperative to write your cover letter to impress the reader. That is to say, putting in a wow factor is important.
In a cover letter for a volunteer coordinator position with no experience, highlight your communication and interpersonal skills. Also, offer information on your ability to cultivate a positive and supportive environment by recognizing efforts.
The following example will guide you in this regard.
Volunteer Coordinator Cover Letter No Experience
September 11, 2020
Mr. Charles Hudson
Human Resources Manager
956 Grand Junction
Asheville, NC 79422
Dear Mr. Hudson:
This letter is a strong expression of interest in the Volunteer Coordinator position at Sugarbush Resort. I am particularly drawn to this position because your job description complements my attributes.
I offer the following knowledge to contribute to your bottom-line:
- Recruiting and hiring volunteers for specific programs
- Creating volunteer job descriptions
- Preparing orientation materials for new volunteers
- Cultivating positive and supporting atmosphere by recognizing volunteer efforts
- Facilitating communication amongst volunteers
- Promoting the organization and its volunteer efforts
- Managing volunteer schedules, and assigning duties
- Maintaining records and tracking work progress
- Providing constructive feedback to ensure motivation
Another key point of my candidacy is my talent in recruiting volunteers through various techniques, such as databases, email, and social media.
Owing to the talents mentioned above, I will not only be able to meet but also exceed your expectations. Please call me at (000) 548-2212 to set up an interview date in order to discuss this in detail.
Thank you very much for your consideration. I look forward to a meeting with you to further discuss how I can make a positive contribution to Sugarbush Resort as a volunteer coordinator.