What makes you a good person to work with?
What makes it possible for a hiring manager to decide to hire you?
The answer to both is your skills and abilities.
How you work with people, what strategies you use to handle difficult tasks, and how well you fit into the company culture are just some of the things that make you an excellent candidate for a lead cook position.
Your skills and abilities are what make you an eligible candidate for the lead cook position that you hope to fill.
There is nothing more important than the skills section on a resume – or mention of them on a cover letter.
Since the employer wants to know what it is that makes you tick, he needs to be given an overview of what you are worth.
A lead cook can provide the following details of his or her skills in a resume or cover letter:
Lead Cook Skills and Abilities
• Track record of success creating menus and recipes in accordance with the image and requirements of the restaurant or hotel.
• Effectively able to prepare, marinate, cook, grill, and bake menu items, while following established recipes.
• Talented in cooking food items across a large variety of cuisines such as Italian, French, Indian, Spanish, American, and Persian.
• Precisely measures ingredients in accordance with instructions provided in recipes.
• First-hand experience in preparing specialty foods such as pizza, fish and chips, sandwiches, and paninis.
• Documented success in verifying that food items meet quality standards, as set by the facility.
• Skilled in cooking and packaging batches of food and placing them in storage areas, specially designated for them.
• Competent at maintaining sanitation, health, and safety standards according to established protocols
• Qualified to oversee and maintain kitchen supplies and equipment inventory to ensure the availability of items at all times.
• Focused on creating and maintaining effective liaison with suppliers and vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of supplies and equipment.
• First-hand experience in hiring, training, and deploying staff members to ensure operational smoothness of the kitchen.