A catering cook resume is a snapshot of your skills and abilities in a written form.
Everything that you have done in your professional life can be placed in a resume, if it gels in well with the Catering Cook position.
The following resume sample will guide you how to organize information in your resume:
Catering Cook Resume Example
452 Creek Road, Mokena, IL 60215
hnelson @ email . com
Committed and resourceful Catering Cook with exceptional skills in preparing and cooking world cuisine food items, including Japanese, Chinese, Italian, Indian and Moroccan. Highly experienced working in busy catering settings with special focus on ensuring high quality of cooked food items.
Prepares and cooks a wide variety of international and local cuisines, placing special focus maintaining quality. Exceptionally well-versed in developing menus and recipes for a wide variety of events requiring catering services. Known for handling the details of multiple catered events at the same time, ensuring that all are managed on priority.
|✓ Special Events Catering||✓ Food Preparation||✓ Menu Development|
|✓ Food Storage||✓ Rotation||✓ Food Quality Assurance|
|✓ Portioning||✓ Food Hygiene||✓ Workstations Setup|
|✓ Appliances Management||✓ Culinary Training||✓ VIP Catering|
|✓ Sanitization||✓ Organization||✓ Customer Service|
• Simultaneously provided catering services for 3 different events, all requiring a different type of cuisine.
• Put in place a novel food quality assurance system, which was considered fool proof at all levels.
• Introduced the concept of VIP catering for regular patrons, bringing in additional business opportunities.
• Trained 13 newly hired cooks in handling both restaurant cooking operations and catering functions.
Hospitality Works, Mokena, IL | 6/2010 – Present
• Confer with clients to determine their specific catering requirements and provide them with suggestions
• Assist clients in making sound menu choices for their events, based on specifically chosen cuisines
• Create menus and recipes according to provided instructions, and ensure that they are followed appropriately
• Perform food preparation and cooking activities in sync with other kitchen staff members
• Provide food preparers with instructions on handling cutting, chopping, cubing and marinating meats
• Ascertain that sufficient food quantity is prepared for each catered event, so that food items are enough for the entirety of the event
• Provide frontend staff with information and instructions on setting up and braking down catered events
• Ascertain the cleanliness and sanitization of kitchen appliances and work areas
The Grand Hotel, Mokena, IL| 2/2009 – 5/2010
• Assisted the management in creating recipes according to specified instructions
• Instructed food preparers to cut, chop, mince and cube meats and cheeses
• Cooked food items according to set recipes, ensuring maintenance of quality
• Handled portioning activities, and ensured that food garnishing was handled in an aesthetic manner
• Performed both preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen appliances such as ovens, grills, fridges and cooking ranges
Mokena Culinary Institute, Mokena, IL – 2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Last updated on