There are times when even the simplest of tasks such as writing a Corporate Travel Consultant resume becomes completely chaotic.
There may be no rocket science involved in writing resumes.
But the truth is that the mere thought of creating a document upon which our future depends, is daunting, to say the least.
In reality, all you have to do is fill in some blanks – take a resume sample (like the one posted below) and use your own information to complete it.
Corporate Travel Consultant Resume Sample
7785 N Emerald Drive, Hayden, ID 33918
CORPORATE TRAVEL CONSULTANT
Self-motivated and tactful Corporate Travel Consultant with 14 years’ hands-on experience in arranging and coordinating travel schedules and reservations. Effectively identifies travel preferences and creates travel itineraries according to set plans. Expert in handling complex ticketing and exchanges. A strong communicator who is known for impeccable business acumen and service-oriented mentality. Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
|• Schedule Coordination
|• Vendor Negotiation
|• Route Recommendations
|• Multiple Leg Itineraries
|• Global Distribution Systems
|• Reward Programs
|• Bookings Modification
|• Accommodation Arrangement
|• Fare Assessment
|• Budget Management
|• Destination Research
Corporate Travel Consultant | 8/2014 – Present
Ovation Corporate Travel, Hayden, ID
• Successfully arrange travel details for 15 employees traveling to different destinations on the same day.
• Maintain budget by arranging inexpensive first-class travel for employees over a span of 4 years.
• Confer with clients/employees to determine their travel and accommodation needs.
• Arrange and coordinate travel schedule and reservations by first identifying their traveling preferences.
• Act as the first point of contact for all clients regarding travel-related inquiries.
• Provide priority wait-lists, preferred seat selections and upgrade management services.
• Book regular itinerary and multiple leg international itineraries by using appropriate vendors.
Corporate Travel Consultant | 11/2007 – 8/2014
UYT Co, Hayden, ID
• Created a system that dynamically provided alternate route information for overbooked flights, with a simple click.
• Networked with over 100 local travel agencies, reducing travel and accommodation problems during holiday month by 85%
• Monitored GDS queues on a daily basis to maintain quality control.
• Researched various destinations and weather conditions and ensured that all information is at hand during client liaison activities.
• Organized travels from beginning to end, including booking tickets, making travel and accommodation arrangements and securing rental transportation.
QCM Travels, Hayden, ID | 2/2003 – 11/2007
• Responded to inquiries about fares and ticket availability over the telephone and in person.
• Obtained client information for registration purposes and ensured that it was properly punched into the system.
• Provided information regarding fares for different destinations and holiday packages.
• Assisted clients in determining visa/entry requirements for different countries by providing them with base information.
• Used promotional techniques and created promotional materials to sell tour packages.
Associate’s Degree in Travel and Tourism
Idaho State College, Hayden, ID – 2002