The good thing about resumes is that they allow you to build up on the different aspects of your candidature, in a profound manner.
The most important part of an Electrician resume is the part where it begins – the summary. If your summary is short and sweet, there is a great chance that the rest of the resume will be considered as well.
But if your summary leaves a lot to be desired, you may not be lucky enough to reach stage 2, aka the interview!
Electrician resume summaries should be short and simply written. Use of flowery language, or that which is too complicated to understand is a big no.
Keep things simple, and you will be surprised to see where this leads you. Resume summaries are famous for taking a resume places – but they can as easily backfire and negate all the effort that you have placed in creating your resume. Be careful how you word them.
For starters, summaries should not span more than 4 lines. You don’t want the reader to get bored after reading a long account of how great you are. He or she would want you to write something that is short but still gets your message across.
To see how you can word your Electrician resume summaries to lead yourself to the interview stage, have a look at the following examples:
Sample Summary Statements for Electrician Resume
• Top-performing Electrician, with extensive experience of installing, maintaining and repairing electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures. Demonstrated expertise in performing work duties according to established electrical codes and protocols.
• Electrician with over 10 years’ unique blend of experience in assembling and installing electrical and electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and apparatus. Highly efficient in diagnosing malfunctioning systems, by making appropriate use of testing equipment and instruments. Effectively and safely uses hand and power tools.
• Resourceful, dedicated, and determined individual, with extensive exposure to inspecting electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects, and repair and adjustment needs. Deep familiarity with testing electrical systems, and the continuity of circuits in electrical wiring and equipment, along with exceptional skills in planning the layout and installation of electrical wiring.
• Highly skilled individual, boasting of 16 years of dedicated experience in executing plans of electrical wiring to ensure well-functioning electrical systems. Competent in installing, maintaining and repairing electrical fixtures, equipment and apparatus, and minimizing chances of breakdowns.
• Competent, hardworking, insightful, and hands-on individual, with extensive experience in testing and installing wiring systems. Qualified to diagnose and repair electrical problems in both commercial and residential settings, focusing on minimizing downtime.