If you are writing a resume for an inpatient coder job, then you have to remember that employers only give preference to resumes that suit their needs.
Therefore, by all means, customize your resume as per the inpatient coder job description provided by the employer to make it attractive.
It is a proven fact that standard resumes often fail to impress the employer. Therefore, instead of writing an all-purpose resume, write different resumes for different employers.
Here is a targeted resume sample for an inpatient coder position:
Sample Resume for Inpatient Coder Position
536 Magnolia Avenue, Falls Church, VA 22014
rubyking @ email . com
• Diligent medical coding professional with 10+ years’ track record of handling patient data while exercising confidentiality and accuracy.
• Well-versed in performing data entry work in an efficient and precise manner.
• Hands-on experience in reviewing paper and electronic patient charts and assigning them appropriate medical codes.
• Adept at utilizing technical coding principles to assign ICD-9-CM diagnosis and procedures.
• Proficient in extracting correct information from source documents and punching it in correctly in the encoder system.
• Ability to ensure coding compliance within medical record policies and procedures
• MS-DRG Classification
• ICD-10 CM & PCS codes
ACHIEVEMENTS AS AN INPATIENT CODER
• Successfully coded 50+ inpatient records within a record time of 3 hours.
• Maintained patient data integrity during a complex system conversion process.
• Trained 3 groups of medical coders in medical terminology and CPT coding.
• Commended on keeping patient data confidential and safe even during a near-lethal cyberattack on the patient information system.
GRACE FEDERAL SOLUTIONS, Falls Church, VA
(6/2015 – Present)
• Study inpatient records and determine their authenticity
• Review patients’ documentation to determine diagnosis, co-morbidities and complications
• Use technical coding principles and reimbursement expertise to assign proper diagnosis and procedures
• Verify that each code assigned is accurate and correlates to the condition and diagnosis provided in the source document
• Identify non-payment conditions and report them through specified procedures
• Serve as a resource for coding related queries after verifying authenticity of inquirer
• Ascertain that quality and integrity of coding including accurate determination of principle diagnosis and secondary diagnosis is accurate
• Provide support in maintaining acceptable accounts receivables
MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, Falls Church, VA
(1/2010 – 6/2016)
• Verified outpatient information regarding diagnosis and treatment
• Entered information into the coding system using prescribed outpatient codes
• Ensured the accuracy of codes according to specific procedures performed
• Responded to queries for information regarding medical procedures performed on particular patients
• Recorded information regarding the reason for a short patient visit, type of illness, and breakdown of the treatment provided
Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management
VIRGINIA STATE UNIVERSITY, Church Falls, VA
Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES AS AN INPATIENT CODER
• Code Assignment
• Data Integrity
• Query Processes
• Non-payment Conditions
• Medical Records Coding
• Inpatient Diagnosis
• Medical Terminology
• Regulatory Requirements
• MS Word and Excel
• Social Media and Email Interaction