Why are skills so important?
There can be several answers to this question but the best is that there is no way that you can do anything in a workplace if you are not a skilled purchasing clerk.
Skills make up a great part of who we are as professionals and must never be undermined. It is not advisable to create a resume without dedicating one part of it to skills.
Most employers pick up resumes only in hopes of looking through this section to determine a candidate’s suitability for a job.
Skills are the central nervous system of purchasing clerk resumes.
They make sure that employers understand and appreciate an individual’s abilities, and gauge them according to their needs.
When you opt not to write skills in your resume, the hiring manager opts not to hire you. The equation is quite simple.
However, it is not always easy to write an entire section based on skills alone. Difficult but necessary!
You may have to do a lot of thinking before you can come up with statements to prove that you are a competent person, who will go the extra mile to perform a certain duty.
If you can prove this to a hiring manager, you are a winner!
Some sample skills statements are provided here for your reference:
Sample Skills for Purchasing Clerk Resume
• Demonstrated ability to create purchase orders and forms, placing special attention on the accuracy of fields and information.
• Highly skilled in monitoring inventory levels to ensure that they are optimized in a timely manner.
• Deep insight into placing accurate orders with suppliers and vendors and effectively following up on them.
• Exceptionally talented in sourcing vendors and suppliers based on the company’s requirements.
• Familiar with preparing and maintaining procurement documentation, ensuring that all information in it is clearly written.
• Effectively able to reduce / control costs by effectively evaluating purchasing costs and providing recommendations.
• Competent in inspecting shipments to verify the accuracy of orders and ensuring that incoming items are properly stored.
• Highly experienced in handling incorrect or inconsistent deliveries by effectively communicating with vendors and suppliers, aiming to resolve the issue.
• Proficient in contacting suppliers to ensure that deliveries are expedited and to resolve shortages or missed and late deliveries.
• Adept at comparing prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best option among prospective employers.
• Special talent for tracking the status of requisitions and preparing and maintaining purchasing files reports and price lists.