The job of a child care director is an extremely demanding one; which makes the selection process quite challenging. In addition to the candidates’ education, qualification, and experience, the personality traits are also judged.
Key traits of this position include handling children, a general patience in personality and liveliness which must be highlighted in your resume for this position.
It is advisable to state your experience in a manner that highlights these skills. Your resume should reflect a combination of childcare expertise, knowledge of how child care centers work and an energetic personality to go with it.
Following is a sample resume for the position of a child care director.
Child Care Director Resume Sample
2841 N Orchard Street. Apt 812, Urbana IL 61801
(217) 333-4444 p.jennifer @ email . com
CHILD CARE DIRECTOR
Committed to making a difference every day!
A dedicated and children-focused leader with 8+ years’ related experience. Solid track record of recruiting, training and inspiring staff and executing age-appropriate curriculum. Proven ability to spark imagination, build confidence and assist children to discover new things
• Extensive experience in infant, toddler or preschool teaching
• Thorough understanding of the childcare policies and practice in the USA
• Able to collaborate effectively with families for the children’s educational support
• Well versed in ensuring an educational, caring and safe environment for the children
Bright Horizons, Flossmoor, IL | 2008 – Present
• Monitored the childcare program on the daily basis
• Ensured that the program is implemented as per policy
• Coordinated with teachers, parents and supporting families for enhancement
• Documented and maintained each child’s social services and health files
• Revised the curriculum in order to bring in innovation
• Initiated several domestic violence awareness programs
• Provided CPR and first aid
Assistant Director, Childcare
Lockport Village, Children’s SOS Villages, IL | 2005 – 2008
• Assisted the director in daily tasks which included: meeting children’s needs to ensure quality childcare, coordinating with teachers where improvement was required, keeping track of care given, assessing the child care quality time to time, and supervising the kitchen staff
• Performed data collection and presented a report at the end of work period featuring all the strengths of the childcare center including suggestions for betterment in weak areas
ILCADV, IL (2010)
Certificate of Domestic Violence
University of Illinois, Champagne, IL (2009)
Master of Science in Human Development and Family Studies
Greenville College, Green Ville, IL (2007)
Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
• Effective communication skills
• Certified domestic violence professional
• Dynamic team player with a multilingual ability
• Fun and loving personality with full of creative ideas
• CPR / First aid trained
Last updated on