A Home Daycare Provider is accountable for providing a secure and developmentally suitable daycare program for the children at employer’s home.
In this role you can spend quality time with the children. You need to work in accordance with all relevant state laws, policies and procedures.
• Hands-on experience in the field of childcare, including infants and toddlers.
• Possess a driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• CPR & First Aid certification preferred.
• Reliable and driven to decide quickly.
• At least GED or High School Diploma – Some coursework in child care field will be a plus.
Following are some duties and responsibilities which might be included effectively in a Home Daycare Provider Resume.
See Also: Day Care Provider Resume Sample
Home Daycare Provider Job Description
• Perform a variety of activities for children such as songs, games and story telling.
• Develop day to day plans for toddlers and children under care.
• Provide a safe and nurturing environment for the children
• Plan and apply activities to meet the emotional, bodily, intellectual and social needs of the children in the employer’s home.
• Pick children from School and accompany them at home until parents get home from work.
• Establish child routines and offer constructive guidance.
• Ensure kids are supervised at all times.
• Prepare and serve nutritious meals and snacks.
• Set-up and implement policies and procedures to maintain discipline of home.
• Manage activities, games and toys used during the care time.
• Accompany children at parks and doctor’s visits
• Ensure kids’ room is clean, well maintained and secure at all times.
• Provide opportunities for sleep and rest time.
• Build children’s self respect.
• Provide daily schedules of activities.
• Develop culturally suitable programs and activities.
• Develop numerical activities that establish math and literacy concepts.
• Provide emergency solution or call for help in case of any emergency.
• Keep parents informed regarding child’s development.