There must be something about your Childcare Volunteer resume to keep a hiring manager completely hooked into the information that it provides.
But for this to happen, content is not the only consideration. One has to use a good format as well. This is especially true if your resume cannot boast of experience because you don’t have much.
The good thing about resumes is that you do not necessarily need to fill them up with information regarding your experience. There are other things that you can write to convince a hiring manager that you are worth every penny and second that will be spent in training and hiring you. These will include your skills and qualifications.
For first time jobs or in a career change situation, you should mention on your resume what your capabilities are primarily, and then gel them with a volunteer or internship experience if you can.
For a childcare volunteer resume, have a look at the following sample, to help you write your own:
Childcare Volunteer Resume Example
376 Forest Dale Drive | Mobile, AL 45482 | (000) 435-4354 | jennyoung @ email . com
Compassionate and patient with a natural, inherent love for children, and a great will to help them. Demonstrated ability to provide quality childcare experiences for children, ensuring their safety and wellbeing.
• Proficient in ensuring appropriate supervision, care and safety of each assigned child.
• Effectively able to handle infants, toddlers, and young adults, ensuring that their emotional and physical needs are met.
• Deep familiarity with overseeing behavior, and providing interventions as necessary.
• Exceptionally well-versed in engaging with children to inspire and support their learning through play and music.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|✓ Child Safety||✓ Music and Play||✓ Age-appropriate Gameplay|
|✓ Behavior Management||✓ Emergency Response||✓ Arts and Crafts|
|✓ Mentoring||✓ Activities Monitoring||✓ Recreational Activities|
St. Peter’s High School, Mobile, AL – 2017
High School Diploma
St. Peter’s High School, Mobile, AL
• Made the Dean’s list 5 times in 4 years, owing to both academic excellence, and extracurricular engagement.
• Volunteered services for the school office for 2 summers, earning high accolades, and extra points for initiative.
Volunteer | 1/2017 – 5/2017
The Children’s Home, Mobile, AL
• Assisted assigned children with daily tasks such as bathing, toileting, and washing.
• Instructed children on health and healthy habits, and provided them with assistance in eating.
• Organized creative activities to keep children engaged, and ensured that all children participated.
• Created and maintained records of assigned children, their habits, and other important personal information.
• Assisted in cleaning and maintaining play and rest areas, to make them ready for the next day.
Strong references available