Animal caretakers work in wildlife, veterinary hospitals, shelters and private organizations. Their duties involve animal preservation, hygiene and educate the people regarding animals.
The biggest mistake that you can make is to apply for Animal Caretaker job with a badly written resume. Resumes are a candidate’s career and personal profile and any mistake that you make in it (even something as small as a spelling mistake) can put an employer off enough to just throw your resume away!
The following resume along with this cover letter for animal caretaker will help you start a successful career in this field.
77 Cardinal Drive – Stilwell, OK 32265
Contact #, Email
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a position as an Animal Caretaker with Patterson Animal Hospital where I can use my natural love for animals to look after their well being.
• 7 years of experience working as an Animal Caretaker for Pets & Vets
• Highly experienced in performing custodial and technical work related to animal care
• Proficient in providing technical assistance to veterinary staff as and when needed
• In depth knowledge of federal regulations for animal care and their application
• Good understanding of animal behavior and related problems
• Able to follow safety precautions while dealing with wild animals
• Active part of the team of animal care workers who saved 52 stray animals otherwise destined for the pound
• Identified a dolphin stranded on the Bow Beach and restored it by promptly calling in rescue teams and assisting them with the procedure on voluntary basis
Animal Caretaker | Pets & Vets, Stilwell, OK | July 2013 – Present
• Assist wardens with capturing stray animals
• Maintain animal shelters
• Feed and water animals and clean kennels
• Tag animals on arrival and segregate according to species and type
Animal Keeper | ATY Co, Stilwell, OK | May 2010 – July 2013
• Took special care of animals (otters, horses, cats and dogs)
• Observed animals for illnesses and provided medical assistance when necessary
• Prepared food, cleaned enclosures and monitored animals health
• Assisted with grounds upkeep and small repairs
GED | City School, Stilwell, OK | 2009
“I am flexible and able to work well with others.”