Since you cannot apply for a job without the benefit of a resume, it is best if you know exactly what it is that goes into writing one.
Once you have all the information collected and sorted, you may look through the following resume sample to organize it:
Related: Assistant Buyer Resume Sample
Buying Assistant Resume Example
102 Marvin Drive, Carson City, NV 64978
[email protected] .com
Determined and resourceful Buying Assistant with 8+ years of extensive experience in supporting the buying director to oversee the product lifecycle of group of products. Documented success in acting as a liaison between the company and vendors, while maintaining positive business relationships.
Assists in the analysis of consumer buying patterns and provide required feedback. Ability to regularly review performance indicators, and manage plans for stock levels.
|• Vendor Liaison||• Product Ordering||• Stock Levels Maintenance|
|• Documentation Handling||• Backorders Management||• Negotiation|
|• Delivery Coordination||• Stock Rotation||• Sources Identification|
|• Forecasting||• Budgeting||• Vendor Recommendation|
|• Monitoring Stock||• Customer Service||• Team Work|
• Brought onboard 3 new vendors, reducing the cost of acquiring goods by a staggering 75%.
• Introduced the idea of stock rotation, resulting in fewer incidents of product spoilage.
• Implemented a stock level maintenance system, which proved to be much more efficient than the one already being used.
• Successfully forecasted need for additional stock, just in time for a competitive sale.
Restaurant Depot, Carson City, NV | 7/2013 – Present
• Provide buyers with information on stock levels, and required items
• Create and maintain effective liaison with vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of goods
• Write purchase orders, and provide assistance in buying merchandise from different sources
• Identify appropriate resources to obtain goods / items from, placing special focus on budgetary constraints
• Assist in developing pricing modules, and providing advice to retail outlets regarding product pricing
• Create and manage plans for stock levels, and assist in analyzing consumer buying patterns
• Review performance indicators, including sales and discount levels, and provide intervention during changes in demand
• Participate in promotional activities, write reports, forecast sales levels, and present new ranges to the management
K-Mart, Carson City, NV | 2/2009 – 7/2013
• Assisted sales assistants in actively seeking out customers within the store and offering help
• Demonstrated products to customers based on their individual likes and requirements
• Provided customers with information on available products, their features, and prices
• Led customers through the payment procedures, and packed their purchases according to company policies
• Ascertained that customers were made aware of return, exchange and aftersales service policies and procedures for purchased products
Nevada State University, Carson City, NV – 2009
Bachelor of Business Administration