Bakery clerks are responsible for managing the cash counter in a bakery along with ensuring that the best customer service is provided at all times.
In small bakeries, bakery clerks may be responsible for making deliveries to retail outlets. They may also assist the baker from time to time.
A compelling resume for a bakery clerk job is very important for your success because hiring managers see loads of job applications and have very little time to thoroughly screen each resume.
Prospective employers want to know exactly what can you do for their bakery, your relevant skills, and qualifications – without reading too many irrelevant details.
A one-page resume is perfect for those with little or no experience. Two pages are good for experienced bakery clerks.
Bakery Clerk Resume Example
12 Kaokoa Way, Haiku, HI 11123
bob @ email . com
Bringing expertise in managing cash, customers, and bakery-related work.
Dedicated and customer service-oriented Bakery Clerk with 8+ years’ firsthand experience in preparing, baking, packaging, pricing, and merchandising products in a prompt and friendly manner. A courteous individual who is highly skilled in reviewing daily orders and engaging customers by offering product information. Demonstrated ability to display goods properly and process cash transactions.
• Demonstrated ability to work quickly and efficiently in a team environment
• Profound ability to perform basic business math calculations
• Able to stand and work for long periods of time
• Good manual dexterity
• Able to communicate effectively by talking, writing, and listening
• Worked as a backup baker for three days in the absence thereof without compromising the quality or the taste of existing bakery products.
• Managed bakery items for a 200-person tea party at Hilton Hotel ensuring quality and timeliness of the order.
Vanilla Bakers – Haiku, HI
Jan 2017 – Present
• Greet customers and provide required information regarding bakery products
• Place special orders and ensure on-time delivery
• Weigh and label products
• Monitor product pricing, pricing, and signage
The Fresh Market – Haiku, HI
May 2008 – Jan 2017
• Displayed items in a manner befitting appearance and shelf life
• Assisted baker in baking muffins, cakes, pies, rolls, and bread as and when required
• Made deliveries to retail outlets as and when necessary
• Managed cash registers and reconciled receipts
Specialized Courses in Baking – 2008
Lone Star Technical College, Haiku, HI
Associate of Science in Retail Management – 2007
ABC College, Haiku, HI