Whichever resume you pick up, you are bound to find it beginning with a short summary, detailing why the applicant is suitable for a job. Resume summaries are important to include simply because they “tell it like it is.” The use of resume summaries is perhaps not mandatory, but it is certainly welcomed by tired employer eyes who have worked overtime to “find” information hidden in the dozen or so resumes, that they have already read before yours cropped up in their hands.
A resume summary will make things easier for the employer, by giving him all that he wants to read in a nutshell. And it will make things easier for you because it will help you set the path of your resume. Admit it – resume writing is no easy game. So why not use a trick to make it as easy as possible? Summaries definitely help. As an outline of what your professional presence can mean to a potential employer, a resume summary is sought after when an employer picks up your resume.
There is no downside to including a summary in your resume – in fact, it acts as a buffer in case your cover letter or the remainder of your resume isn’t what they call “up to the mark.” Here are a few examples of resume summaries for resident assistants to help you along:
• Hardworking and results-oriented Resident Assistant with over 2 years of experience in facilitating the social, academic and personal adjustments of students to the university student hall. Exceptionally well-versed in developing a sense of community amongst residents by applying exceptional people and organizational skills.
• Top performing Resident Assistant with over 4 years’ track record of building rapport with each resident through well-placed daily interactions. An open an approachable individual who has a great ability to identify residents’ needs and arrange for correlating resources.
• Meticulous, attentive and capable resident assistant, known for actively working to develop a sense of unity amongst residents. Effectively able to emphasize the fundamental requirements of community life, along with a sound approach to promoting a healthy and safe environment.
• Self-motivated, tactful and systematic Resident Assistant with hands-on experience in maintaining a standard of conduct in resident halls. Exceptional ability to create a friendly, respectful and considerate environment amongst residents in a bid to promote their wellbeing and comfort.
• Dedicated Resident Assistant with a verifiable track record of effectively collaborating with peer leaders to create a welcoming and inclusive campus environment for residents. A visionary thinker who believes in building a community where students interact on a regular basis and share in defining expectations.