Applying for a first job always seems quite overwhelming.
But if you have the right guidance, you can write your most important job application document – the resume – with excellence.
As a newly graduated high school student, your focus should be on presenting yourself as a possible candidate for an advertised position.
Regardless of the position that you are applying for, your resume should hold information about your skills and qualifications.
Specifically, you must concentrate on your communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to stay organized at all times.
A resume sample for a newly graduated high school student is given below for reference purposes:
High School Graduate Resume with No Experience
52 Edison Road, Derry, NH65402
High school graduate, with excellent skills in communicating with people from different walks of life. Strengths in handling administrative and clerical work. Solutions-driven individual, with diverse interest in learning new things, and contributing effectively. A resourceful, and motivated achiever who exceeds goals, and can effectively blend technical expertise with interpersonal skills.
High School Diploma
Derry High School, Derry, NH – 2019
• American Literature
• Creative Writing
• Business Communication
• World Geography
• Bible Doctrine
• Foundations for Living
• Excelled in class for 3 years in a row, receiving accolades from the school management
• Chosen to represent the school at a communications convention held in Sydney, Australia
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
|• Correspondence Management|
|• Inter-departmental Liaison|
|• Travel Arrangements|
|• Computer Operations|
|• Financial Handling|
|• Presentation Preparation|
Overland Inc., Derry, NH
12/2019 – 2/2020
• Handled filing and records management systems
• Oversaw supplies and equipment inventory
• Operated PABX systems and handled incoming and outgoing calls
• Provided customers and visitors with the required information
• Created and maintained reports as per provided instructions
• Assisted executives in handling correspondence, such as memos and letters
• Prepared presentations using PowerPoint, and other software applications
• Handled clerical work such as indexing information and setting up record databases
• Assisted marketing and sales personnel in handling promotional events
• Worked with executives to handle travel and accommodation arrangements
• Managed file conversions from paper to electronic forms
|• PeachTree||• Accounting Plus|
|• Data Entry||• Database Management|
|• Internet and Email||• MS Word, Excel|
• Taught orphan children basic life skills during 2 summers in 2018 and 2018
• Led a team of special children on 3 hiking trips, as part of endeavors to connect with nature