A resume is not merely a document that highlights you as a possible candidate for a senior financial analyst position.
It is also a peek into your professionalism.
This is primarily why employers pay special attention to how it is written in addition to what is written in it.
The following resume sample for a senior financial analyst position can give you ideas on how to do this:
See also: Senior Financial Analyst Cover Letter
Senior Financial Analyst Resume Example
415 Yale Road, Downingtown, PA 55858
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Highly analytic and ambitious individual with two decades of extensive experience working with renowned companies. Proven ability to review numbers and statistics to make sound financial predictions. A team leader who has exceptional communication and interpersonal skills along with a deep respect for deadlines. Highly adaptable to change. Work exceptionally well with cross-functional and multi-lingual teams.
• Reduced overhead costs by 50% by employing core cost reduction methodologies post-research.
• Successfully saved the company from imminent loss by forecasting a dip in the company’s stock and highlighting the issue in time for proper measures to be taken.
• Built a series of strategies that ensured the financial stability of the company for 12 months straight.
• Trained 20 new employees in performing data analysis as part of their induction.
|✓ Data Analysis|
✓ Trends Identification
✓ Cost Reduction Methodologies
✓ Budget Variance Handling
✓ Expenditure Evaluation
✓ Process Improvements
|✓ Projections Preparation|
✓ Accounts Reconciliation
✓ Action Recommendation
✓ Strategy Building
✓ Research Results Reporting
Senior Financial Analyst
American Axle, Downingtown, PA
5/2018 – Present
• Perform month-end consolidation activities such as accounting for foreign branches and cash flow entries
• Oversee the development of monthly management reporting packages including identifying critical forecast gaps
• Perform in-depth analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of statistical data
• Evaluate correlation among statistical information and summarize findings across clients and products
• Analyze both current and past financial data and performance to help make informed decisions for the future
• Explore investment opportunities and provide feedback to management to help them decides which ones to explore further
• Create and maintain effective communication with key members to provide information regarding financial closings and deliverables
• Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations and report deliverables
Apple, Downingtown, PA
6/12011 – 5/2018
• Consolidated and analyzed financial data following the company’s goals and financial standing in the industry
• Examined possible alternatives and provided correlating recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
• Assembled data on structured reports and summarized information to provide heads up on financial status and risks
• Identified trends and advised the management on through recommendations for financial stability
• Reconciled transactions by comparing data and correcting any discrepancies
Master’s Degree in Finance
Pennsylvania State University, Downingtown, PA – 1997
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license
MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Applications: Hyperion Essbase, Visio, Peoplesoft and SmartStream
ERP Systems: Grower Accounting, JD Edwards, COGNOS
— Willing to travel/relocate and work overnight —