Data analysts are experts who administer the data of the organization professionally.
They organize, analyze and maintain the data collected from diverse sources.
The collected data is sorted as per its significance to the purpose of the analysis. This sorted data is analyzed and take to draw a precise inference.
Such analysis turns out to be the basis for the planning and choice making the procedure of the organization. Their efforts are significant to the organization in determining goals and achieving them fruitfully.
A resume for a data analyst position is a vital part of your job application package. It often leads to a successful interview.
See the sample below to get a better idea of how to craft a winning resume.
Related: Data Analyst Cover Letter
Data Analyst Resume Sample
323 York Street, Houston, TX 52451
Proactive and results-driven Data Analyst with a 9-plus-year solid track record of providing support to maintain and expand existing data collection and data delivery platforms. Well-versed in creating new data collection systems that optimize data management, capturing, delivery and quality. Special talent for acquiring data from different sources and develop data systems that support analysis and reporting.
- Thorough understanding of finance, marketing, production and personnel management.
- Well versed in the data management policies, procedures, and widespread technical tools.
- Strong logical, assessment and interpretation skills.
- Excellent planning and administrative abilities.
- Ability to implement, control and execute tasks per the plans.
|• Data Interpretation||• Analyzing Results||• Data Analysis Techniques|
|• Interpreting Trends||• Data Filtering||• Ad-hoc Reports Creation|
|• Problems Identification||• Mining & Segmentation||• Task Prioritization|
- Programming: VB, C, C++, Java
- Databases: MS Access, SQL, OLZP
- Business Applications Software
- MS Office Suite
AAA Financial Services, Houston TX | 2008 – Present
• Analyze given data and draw correct inferences, in keeping with the objectives of the analysis.
• Calculate the specified problem, state of affairs and crisis.
• Examine for solutions using data analysis practices and arrange analysis reports.
• Provide training to the staff members on the new systems implemented.
• Gather data necessary to accomplish analysis from many sources, accumulate it together in prearranged .format and enter the data in several data analysis software.
Star Communications, Houston TX | 2006 – 2008
Junior Data Analyst
• Assisted the business in judging the possibility of entering an agreement, undertaking a project, purchasing or advertising assets or planning growth, etc.
• Helped the company take the sound decision.
• Maintained the research database, renewed and improved it from time to time.
• Ensured safe storage of data.
• Arranged analysis reports and be accountable to answer any queries, complaints or proposal.
• Assisted the association in performing data compiling, mining and psychoanalysis required to assess the given data.
BS in Statistics
Houston State University, Houston, TX | 2004