When you build a resume for a medication aide position, you are preparing for something bigger than the resume itself. Therefore, do not forget to include your accomplishments and skills as a medication aide.
What you write in a resume is what will bring you results in the form of interviews and eventually, jobs.
Here is a resume sample that you can look through for reference to write your own:
See also: Medication Aide Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Medication Aide
205 Huron Street, Jackson, MS 69654
calebgran @ email . com
Self-directed and resourceful Medication Aide with 6+ years’ successful experience in administering prescribed medication to patients and efficiently maintaining their medical records. Ability to observe the ingestion of medication to ensure patient wellbeing. Highly skilled in taking and recording vital signs, both pre and post-medication administration.
• Medication Administration
• Ingestion Instruction
• Glucose Testing
• Vital Signs
• Emergency Care
• Patient Observation
• Records/Logs Management
• Saved the life of a patient who had gone into eclampsia by promptly administering a drug that saved her life.
• Designed a storage solution for injectable medication, which decreased the chances of spoilage by 90%.
• Designed and implemented an end-of-life care plan for hospice patients, resulting in increased comfort during the last weeks/months of their life.
• Increased patient independence by educating them in self-administering prescribed medication.
Evergreen Hospice, Jackson, MS
11/2014 – Present
• Look through instruction sheets to determine which patients are to be administered what medication
• Compare prescribed medicines with patients’ charts as part of the verification process
• Collect medicines from storage areas and transport them to the wards and rooms
• Administer medication to patients and assist patients who have permission for self-administration
• Check and record patients’ vitals before and after the medication has been administered
City Healthcare, Jackson, MS
6/2011 – 11/2014
• Distributed medication to patients for self-administration and eloquently explaining ingestion methods.
• Maintained stock of drugs and ensured that storage is in accordance with prescribed conditions of temperature.
• Observed patients to determine changes in behavior or any physical problems
• Handled medicine inventory and procurement services and ensured that any near expiry or expired medicines are handled according to hospital policy
Sava Healthcare, Jackson, MS
2/2009 – 6/2011
• Provided support to patients by assisting in handling personal needs such as toileting, grooming, and washing
• Checked patients’ vitals and ensured that appropriate logs are maintained with accurate information
• Administered medication prescribed by their doctors by first verifying them from patient charts and prescriptions
• Took and secured blood and urine samples for testing purposes and followed up with laboratories to ensure delivery of results in a prompt manner
Certified Medication Aide
Mississippi Medical Board, Jackson, MS – 2010
High School Diploma
Jackson High School, Jackson, MS – 2009
“I can effectively detect the response of medication and performs correlating activities to ensure patient comfort.”