There is a reason for an academic advisor’s resume to be strong – a hiring authority will only pick up a resume that says that an individual can properly handle this very tough job.
Your resume must be spot on with the requirements of the hiring manager.
When writing your resume for this position, make sure that you highlight your best communication and outreach skills.
As an academic advisor, these will be looked at primarily.
Also, talk about your experience in this regard.
See also: Academic Advisor Cover Letter
Academic Advisor Resume Sample
5112 Barrow Road, Hot Springs, AZ 45872
Experienced academic advisor, with 7+ years of solid track record. Highly skilled in discussing career and educational goals with students, and aiding in course selection processes. Well-versed in intervening in instances of behavioral and academic abnormalities.
Long-range Academic Programs
Filing and Record-keeping
Academic Standards Handling
New Student Orientation
• Developed a resource connection system, as a result, reduced on-campus student issues pertaining to program study.
• Introduced the concept of progress monitoring, hence, decreased issues regarding untended progress.
• Successfully placed 52 students in programs according to their specific goals.
• Devised a program selection criteria, thereby, replaced the old inefficient one.
The University of Arizona, Hot Springs, AZ | 2014-present
• Interview students in order to determine their limitations and strengths.
• Assess students’ abilities to figure out appropriate study plans for them.
• Advise students about the content and structure of chosen programs.
• Assist students in understanding their academic requirements for each program.
• Connect students to the right internal and external resources.
• Provide general information regarding programs to students.
• Assist with registration processes.
• Analyze and process requests for readmissions.
• Conduct orientation sessions in a support role.
• Process degree plans, graduation applications, and grade change forms.
• Cultivate a sense of belonging in all assigned students.
• Provide necessary resources and structure to students.
Bailey College, Hot Springs, AZ | 2011-2014
• Counseled students in order to get them to function within an academic setting.
• Assisted in choosing the right courses and programs.
• Assessed students for behavior problems and performed interventions.
• Created and maintained records of all students in a confidential manner.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education
Arizona State University, Hot Springs, AZ