For a hiring manager to go through many Benefits Administrator resumes in a day is hardly a fun activity.
The reason most don’t complain is because this is the core of what their job is.
You as a candidate can make things easier for hiring managers by creating a resume which he or she actually enjoys reading.
Here is one:
Benefits Administrator Resume Sample
700 Worthington Drive | Bridgeport, WV 11121 | (000) 578-3423 | linda۔evans @ email . com
Resourceful Benefits Administrator with 5+ years of extensive experience in directing and planning the daily operations of benefit programs. Skilled in investigating new benefits programs, and improving existing ones, according to the requirements of the company.
Researches employee benefit plans, and vendors to identify ones that present best value. Serves as the primary contact for plan vendors, and third party administrators.
|✓ Program Designing||✓ Vendor Negotiation||✓ Internal Process Revision|
|✓ Data Collection||✓ Auditing Assistance||✓ Actuarial Assessments|
|✓ Industry Trends Survey||✓ Cost Strategies||✓ Budget Recommendations|
|✓ Insurance Liaison||✓ Leaves Coordination||✓ Payments Coordination|
|✓ Gathering Data||✓ Enrollment Handling||✓ Customer Service|
• Reduced costs of 3 benefits administration programs, by implementing core cost containment strategies.
• Devised a foolproof data collection method, considered 85% more efficient than the one already being used.
• Introduced the concept of actuarial assessments, making it easy for staff members to handle related processes.
• Designed a series of benefits administration programs, in accordance with the needs of each identified employee group.
HUB International, Bridgeport, WV | 5/2015 – Present
• Design and develop detailed strategic plans for health and wellness programs
• Administer and communicate the company’s benefits programs, plans and options to employee groups
• Evaluate existing benefits programs, and negotiate with service providers, such as insurance companies
• Oversee and lead all benefits compensation and reimbursement processes
• Analyze and prepare benefits packages, and keeping in considerations costs and features
• Generate payroll related employee benefits reports, and data files
• Coordinate with third party vendors to ensure that benefit payments are made on time
• Provide monthly headcounts including employee receivables, and taxes
Deep Tech, Bridgeport, WV | 2/2012 – 5/2015
• Researched employee benefits plans, and assisted in designing new programs
• Gathered employee information, and ensured that it is kept updated, and punched into the system
• Ascertained that enrollments, terminations, changes, and death claims were properly handled
• Oversaw the processing of monthly billings, and preparation of vouchers and reports
• Reviewed short and long-range cost estimates and projections, and associated statistical analysis
West Virginia State University, Bridgeport, WV – 2011
Bachelor of Business Administration