The Benefits Specialist resume is a special document. Why?
Because it holds so much information in it.
And all this information is useful for a hiring manager.
When you write your own resume, do it along the lines of the following sample:
Benefits Specialist Resume Example
1103 Hill Road, Newark, NJ18362
12+ years of experience of ensuring the accuracy of all benefits enrollments, and performing quality checks on benefits-related data. Highly skilled in coordinating retirement and pension plans, and handling the intricacies of profit sharing and stock ownership programs.
• Exceptional comprehension of researching and analyzing healthcare plans, to include medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance.
• Effectively able to design comprehensive benefits packages, to meet the dynamic needs of changing workforces.
• Deeply familiar with evaluating the costs and benefits of wellness programs, life, and long-term care insurance.
|• Employees’ Compensation||• Management Advisement||• Relationship Building|
|• Dispute Resolution||• Benefits Packages Design||• Research and Analysis|
|• Programs Negotiation||• Insurance Protection||• Benefits Procedures|
|• Compliance||• Compensations||• Employee Assessments|
• Developed and implemented a core employee assessment system, which proved to be 75% more efficient in determining employee eligibility for compensation.
• Designed a series of benefits packages, which suited employees across many levels.
• Singlehandedly brought the company’s benefits programs and subprograms in compliance with established legislation.
• Introduce the concept of non-financial compensations, making the benefits system more inclusive than before.
MGM Resorts, Newark, NJ | 2011 – Present
• Determine fair and competitive compensation and benefits packages that align with the company’s strategies.
• Develop compensations policies and procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
• Coordinate retirement and pension plans, and ensure that they are properly implemented.
• Research and analyze healthcare plans, and design comprehensive benefits packages to meet the needs of a dynamic workforce.
• Plan, develop, and evaluate techniques for compensating employees, and ensure that they are communicated to the management.
• Provide support to employees by explaining benefits, and appealing decisions made by insurance companies.
• Ascertain that all benefits enrollments are accurate, before forwarding cases.
• Respond to inquiries about benefits and compensation plans, through the telephone, email, and in person.
Pathway, Newark, NJ | 2006 – 2011
• Administered employee benefits programs, including retirement plans, basic hospital, medical, surgical, and medical plans, and term life insurance.
• Assisted in the development of specifications for new benefits plans.
• Implemented approved new plans and changes by preparing announcement materials and other communication media.
• Assisted in the development of company bargaining proposals for employee benefits and analyzed union demands.
• Ascertained that the company’s benefits plans were in compliance with federal and state regulations.
Newark Business School, Newark, NJ – 2005
Bachelor of Business Administration
Major: Human Resources
Last updated on