Child Development Specialists provide both parents and educators with necessary skills to manage children with special needs. They may work at private and government institutions as well as freelance depending on how they want to go about it.
If you are looking for this job, you should write a winning resume and cover letter for Child Development Specialist resume in order to get a positive response of your job application.
Following is a sample resume for a child development specialist that will assist you in this regard.
53 5th Avenue S, Clinton, IA 55343
(909) 210-9099, Email
CHILD DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Performance Summary: Energetic, dependable professional with 9+ years of experience in planning and developing daily activities to meet the developmental needs of special children. Track record of providing resource support for integration of all services including health, nutrition and multicultural experiences. A dependable individual who provides training an consultation to educators and parents to promote understanding of growth and development and school readiness.
• Formulated a diverse and workable activities plan that helped special children interact amongst themselves thereby promoting confidence.
• Implemented an interactive program for the benefit of special children and their families that worked towards bringing both together on the same level.
CHILD DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE
Sun School For Special Children, Clinton, IA
Child Development Specialist, September 2006 – Present
• Observe and provide training and resources to staff pertaining to child development, classroom safety, daily routines, best practices and strategies to support individualization.
• Conduct and assist with health, sensory and behavioral screening.
• Evaluate progress in meeting the goals.
• Meet with parents to discuss progress and problems.
• Prepare observation results and child assessments.
Clinton City College, Clinton, IA – 2005
Bachelor of Arts in Education
Majors: Early Child Hood Development
Minors: Special Needs Education
• Excellent people skills
• Proven ability to make right decisions independently
• Demonstrated ability to work in stressful situations
• Ability to handle emergencies efficiently