Cooks prepare an extensive range of foods. They can get employment at restaurants, central food commissaries, hotels, hospitals, health care institutions, educational institutions and private and government establishments. Cooks can also be employed by cruise ships, private homes and at construction and logging campsites.
Cook Resume Guidelines
A Resume for cook position is a personal advertisement of your related abilities, cooking skills and qualifications. Take sufficient time to write, arrange and present your resume’s content, bullet points, phrases, format and layout. Your resume must be tailored specifically to the job description provided by a prospective employer. Keep away from mentioning any kind of irrelevant information or experience.
The following sample resumes for cook position are formatted as per current trends of the job market. These samples contains information and bullet points which should be present in a resume. As these are comprehensive and detailed yet simple templates, you have a wide range of sections and statements available to make your resume.
See also: Cover Letter for Cook Resume
255 Example North Street, Atlanta, GA 65223
Email: emily @ email . com | Home: (010) 222-0000 | Celluar: (100) 000-0220
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a position as a Cook with Marriott International integrating exceptional culinary skills and kitchen management experience to accomplish the hotel’s ultimate goals.
• Over 5 years of experience in culinary arena
• Strong command over classic and contemporary culinary methodologies
• In-depth knowledge of weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients in line with recipes
• Able to work efficiently without supervision
• Proven ability to clean work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
|• Food Safety||• Kitchen Management||• Gastronomy|
|• Nutrition||• Product Knowledge||• Culinary Math|
• Highly skilled in preparing, seasoning, and cooking a wide range of foods, including soups, salads, entrees, and desserts
• Hands-on experience in baking, roasting, grilling, boiling, and frying meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods
• Proven record of garnishing, arranging and serving food to patrons
• Competent at checking freshness of raw food and ingredients before cooking
• Reorganized cooking procedures – shortened processing time by 20%
• Achieved the targets of quality and hygiene
• Employee of the month award – Dec 2011
• [List your achievements here]
Cook | ATLANTA GRILL – Atlanta, GA | Dec 2010 – Present
• Set-up work station
• Wash and unwrap fresh fruits and vegetables
• Weigh, evaluate, and mix ingredients
• Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food
• Prepare and cook food in keeping with recipes, quality standards and presentation standards
• Operate stoves, grills, fryers, ovens and microwaves
• Test foods to verify if they have been cooked adequately
• Monitor food quality whilst preparing food
• Serve food in appropriate portions onto suitable receptacles
• Wash and sanitize tools, knives, kitchen area, tables, and utensils
Cook’s Helper | PALM RESORT – Hyde Park, NY | May 2010 – Dec 2010
• Prepared all the prep work for soups, salads, sauces and entrees
• Supplied assigned work area with all required products and utensils used for production
• Stored all food items in appropriate storage area
• Interacted with patrons so as to provide for special requests
THE CULINARY INSTITUTE OF AMERICA – Hyde Park, NY – 2009
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts
• Exceptional knife skills
• Excellent communication and customer service acumen
• Familiar with hygiene, hand washing and safety codes
• Able to listen and answer guest inquiries in a helpful and professional manner
• Superb attention to detail
45 Ring Road | White Swan, WA 54339 | (005) 333-2222 | katie @ email . com
Committed to maintain high standards of patron satisfaction by offering them unique culinary experience.
Performance Summary: Successful, results-driven cook with 7+ years’ hands-on experience with popular four star restaurants. Track record of providing team leadership and support to culinary staff. Well-versed in preparing menu items and recipes in keeping with production and quality standards. Demonstrated ability to allocate and monitor food production needs to staff and ensure requirements are met. Known for adhering to food handling and sanitation guidelines.
Areas of expertise include:
|– Recipe Development||– Food Inspection||– Cutting and Slicing|
|– Food Service||– Kitchen Cleanliness||– Quality Assurance|
|– Portion Control||– Seasoning/Garnishing||– Safe Food Handling|
|– Special Events||– Inventory Maintenance||– Kitchen Management|
Follow standardized recipes to ensure smooth customer service, develop menus and new recipes, adjust ratios of ingredients in recipes as needed and maintain the work area in neat and clean condition.
• Set and served award winning menu for a special event catering 2000+ guests consisting of an exotic seven course meal
• Invented three fusion dishes that attained the signature status
Assisted the lead cook in keeping track of orders, storing and reheating leftover food, cutting salad, slicing meat, maintaining the work and service area hygienically and standardized recipe reproduction.
• Devised a unique food items inventory mechanism to ensure availability of raw materials in the larder at all times
• Followed sate issued guidelines for food handling proficiently
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, White Swan, WA, 2008
B.A, Culinary Arts
• Complete knowledge of and adherence to applicable HACCP guidelines
• Proven ability to lift heavy items