There are many position comes under the broad umbrella a of travel consultant such as VIP consultants, international travel consultants and corporate travel consultants.
They plan, organize, coordinate and book travel for their clients. No matter which of these positions you are working on, you will be performing the same tasks in essence.
The following sample resume for travel consultant position will guide you how to build a great resume to apply for a travel consultant job.
773 Jeanette Lane | Shreveport, LA 13242 | (000) 012-2015 | henery @ email . com
Bringing incredible talent for delighting customers who expect the finest travel service.
Summary: Friendly and flexible Travel Consultant with excellent customer service skills and a successful track record of assisting clients in finding travel package deals and providing them with competitive yet profitable trips. Highly skilled in anticipating customers’ needs and planning tours accordingly. A creative problem solver who is focused on up-selling to increase revenue. Recognized for relating effectively to people of different backgrounds and cultures.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Hotel reservations, visas handling and flight booking
• Diplomatically handles customer complaints
• Great attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively
• Strong SABRE skills
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Positive attitude
Bon Voyage – Shreveport, LA | 9/2008 – Present
• Demonstrate exceptional travel consultancy acumen by coordinating travel activities of three corporate events for immediate travel to the Middle East
• Conceive the idea of formulating tour package plans for students on holidays by incorporating guided tours
• Book international and local travel and hospitality arrangements
• Relate with customers to bring repeat business
• Provide quotes for travel and hotel expenses
• Apply discount programs where necessary
Ten Group – Las Vegas, NV | 3/2002 – 9/2008
• Communicated appropriate information to clients regarding fares and itinerary
• Maintained client profiles for follow-up
• Collected and processed payments
• Advised clients on travel arrangements
• Professionally handled complaints and refunds
Bachelor of Arts in Travel and Tourism Management – 2001
Las Vegas State University, Las Vegas, NV
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Internet research