Bartenders mix and serve drinks, food and beverages in keeping with the procedures defined by the employer. They are expected to provide extraordinary service to guests by following all security regulations and policies.
Bartender Cover Letter Writing Tips
• Do not write any negative or passive words, for instance; ‘I think’, ‘although’ , ‘however’ alike.
• Highlight your bartending qualifications. Mention the creative ideas and benefits you would bring to the prospective organization.
• Make bullet statements about your special skills and abilities, and expand the information concisely by giving relevant examples.
• Close your letter using a proactive approach by mentioning your follow-up actions and asking for interview date.
Look at the following examples to make an effective cover letter for bartender resume.
51 Example Ave ● Pittsburgh, PA 65222 ● sally @ email . com ● (000) 252-0987
January 8, 2016
Ms. Alina Jones
Senior Manager HR
McCormick & Schmick’s
524 Some West Street
Pittsburgh, PA 61213
Dear Ms. Jones:
Strong communication skills, high degree of commitment, customer service, decision making and ability to work independently. These are some of the many traits I would like to bring to McCormick & Schmick’s in the capacity of a Bartender. As a passionate bartender with TIPS Certification and extensive experience in hospitality industry, I am eager to leverage my bartending knowledge, skills and experience to contribute to your bottom-line.
Based on your job description, following are some highlights of my qualifications as a Bartender:
• Highly skilled in providing exceptional hospitality service to guests and coworkers
• Fully familiar with all beverage items and their prices
• Demonstrated ability to display beverages in an attractive manner
• Well-versed in maintaining the sanitation and safety of the bar, equipment and work area
• Adept at charging guests for purchases, entering order into the point of sale system, collecting payment and returning change
Furthermore, the bartending positions I have held in the past three years at different bars and hotels have given me numerous opportunities to develop strong expertise in managing overall operations of bar. The enclosed resume contains further information about my relevant qualifications.
As an active and resourceful individual, I look forward to meeting with you to further discuss how my qualifications complement your needs. I will call you next week to follow-up and hopefully to arrange an interview. In the interim, I can be reached at (000) 252-0987.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Email Subject: Self-motivated Bartender
Dear Mr. Mines:
• Are you looking for a results-driven, confident bartender who is committed to provide exceptional customer service?
• Is your bar needs to boost profits through a significant increase in the number of regular patrons?
If yes, I am your candidate.
I have a vast experience in mixing and serving beverages as well as dealing people of different backgrounds. Utilizing my strong communication and hospitality skills, I’d be able to bring the revenue of your bar to a new level.
Delivering high quality customer service and bringing exceptional results is my specialty. I enjoy bartending immensely as it gives my flare for creativity. While I am a team player and can work efficiently with other bartenders and servers, I am also able to work alone and have the capacity of multitasking to handle rush hours effectively. Particularly, I am:
• Strong in handling angry guests while maintaining the order of bar
• An expert who is able to ensure compliance with state rules and regulations
• Talented in prioritizing tasks within the bar
• Adept at mixing and presenting drinks, maintaining inventory and handling cash
I’d like meet with you in an interview through which I will be able to learn more about your bar’s goals and how I would contribute to your success. I can be reached at (099) 141-7474.
Thank you very much for your consideration.