Bartenders mix and serve drinks, food and beverages in keeping with the procedures defined by the employer. They are responsible for delivering extraordinary service to guests by following all security regulations and policies.
Bartender Cover Letter Writing Tips
Follow these guidelines when making your bartending cover letter:
• Never use any negative ideas and words, for instance; ‘I think’, ‘although’ , ‘however’ alike.
• Highlight your bartending qualifications. Mention the creative ideas and benefits you would bring to the prospective organization.
• Make bullet statements about your special skills and abilities, and expand upon the information concisely by giving relevant examples.
• Close your letter using a proactive approach by mentioning your follow-up actions and asking for interview date.
Look at the following examples to make an effective cover letter for bartender resume.
51 Example Ave ● Pittsburgh, PA 65222 ● sally @ email . com ● (999) 000-0987
April 21, 2015
Ms. Alina Jones
Senior Manager HR
McCormick & Schmick’s
524 Some West Street
Pittsburgh, PA 61213
Dear Ms. Jones:
Strong communication skills, a high degree of customer service, problem solving, decision making and the ability to work independently. These are some of the many traits I would like to bring to McCormick & Schmick’s in the capacity of a Bartender. As a professional bartender with TIPS Certification and extensive experience in hospitality industry, I am eager to leverage my bartending knowledge, skills and experience to contribute to your bottom line.
Some highlights of my qualifications include:
• Highly skilled in providing outstanding hospitality services to guests and coworkers
• In-depth knowledge of all beverage offerings and prices
• Demonstrated ability to display beverages in an attractive manner
• Able to maintain the sanitation and safety of the bar, equipment and work areas
• Adept at charging guests for purchases, enter order into the point of sale system, collect payment and return change
Furthermore, the positions I have held in the past three years at different bars and hotels have given me numerous opportunities to develop strong expertise in managing overall operations of bar. The enclosed resume contains further information about my relevant qualifications.
As an active and resourceful individual, I look forward to meeting with you to further discuss how my qualifications go along with your needs. I will call you next week to followup and hopefully to arrange an interview. In the interim, I can be reached at (999) 987-2111.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Email Subject: Self-motivated Bartender
Dear Mr. Mines:
• Are you looking for a results-driven, confident bartender committed to provide exceptional customer service?
• Is your bar needs to boost profits through a significant increase in the number of regular patrons?
I have a vast experience in mixing and serving food and beverages as well as dealing people of different backgrounds. Utilizing my strong communication and hospitality skills, I’d be able to maximize the revenue of your bar.
Delivering high quality results is my specialty. I enjoy bartending immensely as it gives my flare for creativity. While I am a team player and can work in synchronization with other bartenders, I can also work alone and have the capacity to multitask in a bid to handle rush hours effectively. Particularly, I am:
• Strong in handling angry guests while maintaining the order of bar
• An expert who is able to ensure compliance with state rules and regulations
• Talented in prioritizing tasks within the bar
• Adept at presenting drinks, maintaining inventory and handling cash
I look forward to hearing from you in the near future to schedule an interview at your convenience, during which I hope to learn more about your bar’s goals and how I might contribute to the success of its hospitality team.