Bartenders mix and serve drinks, food and beverages in keeping with procedures defined by the employer. They are responsible to deliver extraordinary service to guests by following all operating procedures, security regulations and policies.
Bartender Cover Letter Writing Guidelines and Tips
Follow these guidelines when making your bartending cover letter:
• Keep away from mentioning any unenthusiastic ideas and negative words, for instance; ‘I think’, ‘although’ , ‘however’ alike. Draw attention towards your bartending qualifications rather than mentioning and non-relevant skills. Highlight the creative ideas and benefits you will bring to the organization
• Make bullet statements about your special skills and abilities, and expand upon the information concisely by giving relevant examples
• Close your Bartender Cover Letter with a strong and enthusiastic paragraph, mentioning your follow-up actions and ask for an interview time
• Don’t forget to thanks your employer in advance
Look at the following example template in order to write your effective cover letter for bartending resume.
Bartender Cover Letter Sample
51 Example Street
Pittsburgh, PA 65222
November 28, 2013
Ms. Alina Jones
Senior Manager HR
McCormick & Schmick’s
524 Some West Street
Pittsburgh, PA 61213
Dear Ms. Jones:
It is with great interest that I am submitting my resume in application for the position of Bartender at McCormick & Schmick’s. As a professional bartender with TIPS Certification and extensive experience in hospitality industry, I am eager to leverage my knowledge, skills and experience to contribute to your bottom line.
Some highlights of my qualifications and strengths include:
• Highly skilled in providing outstanding hospitality services to guests and coworkers
• In-depth knowledge of all beverage offerings and prices
• Demonstrated ability to display beaverages in an attractive manner
• Able to maintain the sanitation and safety of the bar, equipment and work areas
• Substantial knowledge of charging guests for purchases; enter order into the point of sale system, collect payment and return all change.
Furthermore, the positions I have held in the past three years at different bars and hotels have given me numerous opportunities to develop the required skills for this position. This includes; strong communication skills, a high degree of customer service, problem solving, decision making and the ability to work independently. My enclosed resume gives further information about my relevant qualifications.
As an active and resourceful individual, I look forward to meeting with you to further discuss how my qualifications that go along with the needs of bartender position at McCormick & Schmick’s. I will call you next week to find the possibility of an interview. In the interim, I can be reached at (999) 987-2111.
Thank you for your time and consideration.